My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remote programming of 5000T

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

MartinEH - 23 hours ago  » 
    Well, here is an update. I have my 5000T up and running, and apart from the odd missed recording, it seems OK. The user Interface is a bit complicated, but I will get used to it.
    But, the Humax TV Guide app is a disappointment. When I install it on my Android 9 phone, I get a warning that it may not work correctly because it was written under an older Android release.
    As it was the remote programming I wanted, I feel rather let down. If I had known about this issue, I may not have bought this box.
    Are there any Humax programmers out there that can get this app updated? I don't think it's too late for me to sent the box back to John Lewis.

That's strange - the TV Guide app works fine on my Android 10 phone??

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 10:24:03 #11 |
  2. MartinEH

MartinEH

Hmm. What happens to me is when I program a recording, then go to Schedule, it isn't there, and it isn't on the box either.
    The schedule screen isn't the same as the box either.

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 10:28:38 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

MartinEH - 29 mins ago  » 
    Hmm. What happens to me is when I program a recording, then go to Schedule, it isn't there, and it isn't on the box either.
    The schedule screen isn't the same as the box either.

The box only checks for remote recordings every 20 minutes (I think), so there is a delay before the recording appears in the box EPG and schedule.
    By the way I've just watched the YouTube review (see the Aura thread) of the new Aura, and if I were in your shoes, I'd be returning the 5000T and putting the money towards an Aura !

| Sun 8 Nov 2020 11:01:30 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.