My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remote programming of 5000T

(13 posts)
  1. MartinEH

MartinEH

I have had a Humax T1000 for a few years running YouView. Until March 20, there was an excellent YouView app which allowed me to access my box and program recordings remotely on my phone - and by remotely, I mean away from home over the internet, once from Vancouver. Now, I find that my box is too old to use YouView's new app written for the BTTV system. So my question is - does the LiveTV app work over the internet like the YouView one, or only when the phone is in my house?

| Wed 5 Aug 2020 16:09:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

It’s the “Humax TV Guide” app that I use to set remote recordings, and yes it allows recordings to be set over the internet.
    It would be even better if you could check the list of recordings on the FVP, to see if a recording has been successful.
    Oops sorry I was talking about the FVP 4000T, I have no idea if this applies to the box you have.

| Wed 5 Aug 2020 17:58:04 #2 |
  3. MartinEH

MartinEH

Thank you pigolato. I have installed this app on my phone, but I need a registration code and a pin to register the box which I can't find on my T1000. I assume therefore that it is too old.

| Wed 5 Aug 2020 18:39:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Looks like the headline about the 5000T and the section it is in may be misleading people.

Martin, which box are you really asking about?

| Wed 5 Aug 2020 19:32:43 #4 |
  5. MartinEH

MartinEH

You're quite right A1944, I am intending buying a 5000T because my old 1000T is getting slow and has stopped allowing rewind of live tv. I would like to make sure I can do remote access before I spend my money on a new box

| Wed 5 Aug 2020 20:36:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

MartinEH - 10 hours ago  » 
    You're quite right A1944, I am intending buying a 5000T because my old 1000T is getting slow and has stopped allowing rewind of live tv. I would like to make sure I can do remote access before I spend my money on a new box

You can - with the 5000T. I used it very successfully last year - but it took some time to get it to work. The remote app would also show the current recording schedule but for some reason this year, that aspect stopped working. You have prompted me to try again after the latest software upgrade. I'll post again if I have anything new to report

| Thu 6 Aug 2020 7:04:34 #6 |
  7. MartinEH

MartinEH

Thank you Graham. I would be interested how know how you get on.

| Thu 6 Aug 2020 7:53:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

The remote app still shows the recording schedule for me (4000T)

| Thu 6 Aug 2020 9:36:22 #8 |
  9. MartinEH

MartinEH

Well, here is an update. I have my 5000T up and running, and apart from the odd missed recording, it seems OK. The user Interface is a bit complicated, but I will get used to it.

But, the Humax TV Guide app is a disappointment. When I install it on my Android 9 phone, I get a warning that it may not work correctly because it was written under an older Android release.

As it was the remote programming I wanted, I feel rather let down. If I had known about this issue, I may not have bought this box.

Are there any Humax programmers out there that can get this app updated? I don't think it's too late for me to sent the box back to John Lewis.

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 10:21:30 #9 |
  10. MartinEH

MartinEH

Or what about allowing the Live TV app to work over the internet?

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 10:22:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.