My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Remote question

(9 posts)
  1. fixerman

fixerman

Does the Aura remote also allow you control your TV on and off?

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 13:31:52 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

fixerman - 4 hours ago  » 

Yes, it also allows you to control the TV AV Input, and volume control.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 17:34:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

brian - 2 hours ago  » 

fixerman - 4 hours ago  » 

Yes, it also allows you to control the TV AV Input, and volume control.

This thread might be of interest: "AV Button on Aura Remote Control" Weds 26 May 2021 18:41:52.
    (Especially if your TV is a Sony Bravia). So far there is no solution that I know of. What I do is make sure that if I've been using a device other than the Aura, I change the HDMI input to 'Aura' using the remote control I'm using at that time before turning the TV off. Next time I turn the Aura on (set to turn TV on automatically) it come on straight into the Aura input. If I forget, the input will change to Aura 'eventually' - after 10 - 20 seconds. It just seems a long time to be thinking "Will it? Won't it?.....

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 20:14:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

I forgot to say that if you follow my routine as above, make sure to turn the TV off before the Aura. In settings under 'HDMI-CEC' I have 'HDMI-CEC' On, and 'On-key Power' Off.
    I turn the TV off with the small square 'on/off' button on the Aura remote (next to the Google button). My TV has the option to turn the device off when the TV's turned off. So it's On = big button; Off = little button.

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 20:43:28 #4 |
  5. fixerman

fixerman

Thanks for your advice. I've ordered an Aura box which is coming tomorrow. It will replace an ageing Humax per.

| Tue 29 Jun 2021 0:02:55 #5 |
  6. fixerman

fixerman

The Aura has just arrived at 07.41 by DPD. Surprised to see no wrapping of any description and not even any seals and the box lid was flapping open.

So an early start with the setting up.

| Tue 29 Jun 2021 8:17:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

fixerman - 1 hour ago  » 
    The Aura has just arrived at 07.41 by DPD. Surprised to see no wrapping of any description and not even any seals and the box lid was flapping open.

Mine came from Argos like that too, so don't be worried it's a return or anything.

Surprisingly the CEC control works well to my old Denon AVR-1909, and the power and volume on the Aura remote controls the amp.

| Tue 29 Jun 2021 10:17:22 #7 |
  8. fixerman

fixerman

ruffage - 59 mins ago  » 

fixerman - 1 hour ago  » 

Mine came from Argos like that too, so don't be worried it's a return or anything.
    Surprisingly the CEC control works well to my old Denon AVR-1909, and the power and volume on the Aura remote controls the amp.

Thanks. I'm just about to set it up! Wish me luck. I'm a 76 year old pensioner.

| Tue 29 Jun 2021 11:18:19 #8 |
  9. fixerman

fixerman

Took me a while but all up and running now. I knew that we don't have a Netflix app but I'm disappointed to find that I'm not able to cast Netflix either.

| Tue 29 Jun 2021 20:05:33 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.