My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Remote Scheduling

(9 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I'm currently in Australia and have been looking to set up some recordings. The Aura app is telling me I can't connect because I have to be on the same network. I can get the guide and appear to set a recording but it shows as three dots. In the schedule I can see all those which were set up before I left the UK, but one's I have set up here just show three dots, not the red 'R' symbol. The Aura shows as disconnected even though back home it is in normal standby and permanently connected to the Internet.

I'm hoping someone can suggest a solution here, as otherwise I will be doing a lot of catchup when I get back.

| Sun 11 Dec 2022 2:42:42 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

No solution is necessary as everything is working as expected. The three dots will change to the red R after a while. If it does not then there is a problem.
    The app cannot connect directly to the Humax Aura from outside your home network. When you set a recording the request is sent to myhumax.net then every so often the Aura syncs with myhumax.net and then the red R appears.

| Sun 11 Dec 2022 9:44:53 #2 |
  3. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday I set up 'Inside the Tower of London' on C5. Today, that schedule is still showing three dots, not the red 'R'. Does the Aura have to not be in standby as mine has been left in normal standby, not deep?

| Sun 11 Dec 2022 11:26:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 4 hours ago  » 
    Yesterday I set up 'Inside the Tower of London' on C5. Today, that schedule is still showing three dots, not the red 'R'. Does the Aura have to not be in standby as mine has been left in normal standby, not deep?

Probably a stupid question, but on the Aura have you got remote recording set to on? Probably difficult to change or check from Australia.

| Sun 11 Dec 2022 16:01:52 #4 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 11 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 4 hours ago  » 
    Yesterday I set up 'Inside the Tower of London' on C5. Today, that schedule is still showing three dots, not the red 'R'. Does the Aura have to not be in standby as mine has been left in normal standby, not deep?

Probably a stupid question, but on the Aura have you got remote recording set to on? Probably difficult to change or check from Australia.

Not a stupid question at all, I was starting to think that too. Before I left, I had carried out a power cycle and factory reset to make sure the Aura was in the best possible condition. Although I restored the saved settings, I forgot to check whether Remote Recording was set to On. No doubt that's what's happened, so my silly error. I just wish some settings didn't default to Off after a reset.

| Mon 12 Dec 2022 3:40:49 #5 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Update Tuesday am (Oz time).

'Inside the Tower of London' has changed to a red 'R'. A schedule set for 'His Dark Materials' has changed to a red series 'R' but with a small 'x' in the corner. As I don't have the User Guide on my tablet, I don't know what the small 'x' means. Perhaps someone can tell me, please?

| Tue 13 Dec 2022 4:53:03 #6 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

Here is a thread about this issue:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-continually-rejects-recording-requests
    You could log into myhumax.net and look at the schedule as it might give more information.

| Tue 13 Dec 2022 10:30:40 #7 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

@Mars Unfortunately it would appear that my 'myhumax.net' account has expired and I cannot create a new one without direct access to my Aura to obtain a registration code. Catch 22!

I'll just have to live with the problem and sort it out when I get back.

| Wed 14 Dec 2022 1:55:45 #8 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Update:
    It looks like the failed series schedule on 'His Dark Materials' was a one off. I've been setting single programme schedules several times now, and they've all worked. I tried a series schedule for 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' on BBC Four HD and that also has worked.

So, hopefully I will have a load of stuff to watch when I get home.

| Wed 28 Dec 2022 8:19:39 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.