My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura continually rejects recording requests

(27 posts)
  1. No1BeatlesFan

No1BeatlesFan

I'm finding it almost impossible to set up a recording from the TV guide. When I select "record" the record tab fades away and that's about it. Most record requests don't appear in the schedule and if they do they often have the red "R" in a circle with a "X" by it. Recordings requested by date, channel, time etc do seem to work however. Any help greatly appreciated.......

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 14:58:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Have you tried the classic idea of disconnecting the power and then reconnecting a minute or so later? It often sorts problems on Humax boxes.

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 15:09:43 #2 |
  3. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

No1BeatlesFan - 34 mins ago  » 
    I'm finding it almost impossible to set up a recording from the TV guide. When I select "record" the record tab fades away and that's about it. Most record requests don't appear in the schedule and if they do they often have the red "R" in a circle with a "X" by it. Recordings requested by date, channel, time etc do seem to work however. Any help greatly appreciated.......

When you say red R. It is white on my guide. Are you talking about recording from the Aura app? Because that does seem to take a while to confirm it is going to record and sometimes fades away.

You do get a red arrow in the circle if the programme in the guide is available on catch up services. Have you set iPlayer etc? But if you still want to record you have to hit info key ‘I’ then hit the record tab.

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 15:43:13 #3 |
  4. No1BeatlesFan

No1BeatlesFan

Screenshot shows Rx. This is what I see when I highlight a programme in the programme guide which I've scheduled for recording. Perhaps it just means "not recorded yet"? In any event it doesn't record.... I've reset, rebooted etc etc many times....Thanks for your help.

Attachments

1. Screenshot_20210809-172358.png (562.3 KB, 4 downloads) 2 years old
    | Mon 9 Aug 2021 17:30:36 #4 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

You are obviously getting channels from more than one transmitter as you are trying to record ITV HD on 815. Have you tried recording ITV HD on 103?

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 17:50:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I think that a deletion of existing channels and then a manual retune (to the correct muxes) would be prudent first.

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 17:58:26 #6 |
  7. No1BeatlesFan

No1BeatlesFan

Aha! you may have cracked it! Ch 103 is not appearing in my TV guide. My local transmitter only transmits Freeview Lite, maybe that's the problem. I'll try a retune ( again!) and perhaps try and manually tune Ch103. Still unsure why it won't record Ch815 if it's appearing in the TV Guide though.....?

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 17:58:32 #7 |
  8. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

No1BeatlesFan - 27 mins ago  » 
    Screenshot shows Rx. This is what I see when I highlight a programme in the programme guide which I've scheduled for recording. Perhaps it just means "not recorded yet"? In any event it doesn't record.... I've reset, rebooted etc etc many times....Thanks for your help.

I think you are recording from the Humax app! Not from the guide on the box! Just as I said! Can you please be clear about where you are recording from. ON THE HUMAX APP! You should put that in the post title!

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 18:00:56 #8 |
  9. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

No1BeatlesFan - 2 mins ago  » 
    Aha! you may have cracked it! Ch 103 is not appearing in my TV guide. My local transmitter only transmits Freeview Lite, maybe that's the problem. I'll try a retune ( again!) and perhaps try and manually tune Ch103. Still unsure why it won't record Ch815 if it's appearing in the TV Guide though.....?

Try recording from the box next time!

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 18:01:57 #9 |
  10. No1BeatlesFan

No1BeatlesFan

Unfortunately recording from the box results mostly in nothing! Even if I press the red Record button on the remote whilst watching a channel no recording seems to take place. Should I not be able to set up a recording from the app? I used to do that on my old Humax Freesat box.....

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 18:08:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.