Aura continually rejects recording requests

(27 posts)
  1. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 

Paul Bton - 14 mins ago  » 

Mars - 2 hours ago  » 
    If I try and set up a recording on a channel in the 800s from the app I get the R in a circle with an X and does not appear in the Schedule on the box.

No the HD channels are at 101 to 105. Those 800s are the second transmitter on low signal. If it won’t record on the box it won’t work on the app. Do a retune under the Freeview menu.
    I was just saying you need to explain what you are trying to do clearly. Not give half the story

I know all that. I was replicating the problem of the OP!

Yes sorry it was meant for No1BeatlesFan

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 21:38:58 #21 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

No1BeatlesFan - 4 hours ago  » 
    If it helps, all the HD channels in my TV Guide are in the 800s....

You do need to retune. The HD Channels should be in the 100s. The 800s are from another region. What is the signal strength on those 800 channels? If very low THAT is the problem. The Aura app is a not going to mean you can suddenly record when signal is low.

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 21:46:39 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Paul Bton and Mars:. The OP has already accepted that a proper retune is needed and has said that they will report back tomorrow. Until then, further comment seems pointless.

| Mon 9 Aug 2021 22:08:50 #23 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

A1944 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Paul Bton and Mars:. The OP has already accepted that a proper retune is needed and has said that they will report back tomorrow. Until then, further comment seems pointless.

Actually, the OP has identified two problems:
    1. The app not setting up recordings for channels in the 800s that I could replicate.
    2. Pressing the record button on the remote does not set up a recording, which is not a problem with my box even though I have channels in the 800s.
    A manual retune that avoids channels in the 800s will hopefully fix 2 but will only hide 1.

| Tue 10 Aug 2021 5:04:43 #24 |
  5. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

A1944 - 9 hours ago  » 

It would have been helpful if the OP had stated in the first place that they were trying to record from the Humax Aura App rather than the Aura’s guide because they couldn’t record as their HD channels were all in the 800s and not tuned in effectively.

| Tue 10 Aug 2021 7:18:52 #25 |
  6. No1BeatlesFan

No1BeatlesFan

I have decided to let this forum go, my post seems to have resulted in little more than bikering between some members and criticism of the way I phrased my questions. I'll sort the problem out myself. Thank you to those who did try to help.

| Tue 10 Aug 2021 7:54:55 #26 |
  7. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

No1BeatlesFan - 42 mins ago  » 
    I have decided to let this forum go, my post seems to have resulted in little more than bikering between some members and criticism of the way I phrased my questions. I'll sort the problem out myself. Thank you to those who did try to help.

I think everyone was trying to help you. Yes there was a bit of bickering, but that is par for any forum. So don’t take it it personally. The point about how you phrased the question is important because a bit of the back story to your question was missing. It just means a bit of detective work is required. I know it can be hard to sum up your issue when you have been struggling with it for a while.
    I urge you not to give up at a bit of conflict. I personally would be interested to see how you get on after a retune. Good luck

| Tue 10 Aug 2021 8:45:44 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.