My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Remote working but box not responding

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr Gumby

Tried to turn on box today and remote not working. tested using camera and IR visible. Usb software update using UKSFAA 1.00.22, no difference. Disconnecting power and restarting appear normal. buttons on box working but on standby hard-drive still spinning. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Update - I have the box connected to the internet and on a standby cycle the hard-drive did shut down eventually and a IP update followed, the start menu returned but remote still not working.

| Wed 24 Dec 2014 0:40:44 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

1. Please confirm software version now.

2. Is there an stb button on the remote if so does this flash when you press any buttons.

3. You could try changing the remote code, see if that helps, instructions in our FAQ's

4. Failing that contact either retailer or Humax support for replacement remote if unit in warranty.

| Wed 24 Dec 2014 8:10:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr Gumby

Thanks for the reply, I don't know the software now as I only have the 5 buttons on the box that do anything and so I can't access the menus.(on/off,volume and channels) Maybe there is a way to access the menus without using the standard remote? No lights to flash on standard remote. No response to trying to change the remote code.

| Wed 24 Dec 2014 10:01:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr Gumby

Success working again, by reading a few threads on your forums I saw enough tips and tricks to get back to basics.
    Used a camera on a phone to check if remote working.
    Connected box to internet.
    Cycled the box from standby to on a few times.
    Cycled the box from power off to on a few times.
    Installed software from usb. Downloaded from site.
    Learnt box checks for updates as shutting down.
    Shutdown box after usb update and waited until the hard- drive shut down, eventually after a couple of cycles box updated.
    Saw a tip that suggested taking the batteries out of the remote to allow it to reset on reinstallation.
    Tried remote reset (0 and ok button 5secs) Box responded. Remote on 2 set back to 1.
    All back to normal.

| Wed 24 Dec 2014 10:20:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr Gumby

Many thanks for the site and the info contained and to all the contributors. Not all the routines above are necessarily relevant, but I had a box that was not responding to the remote reset and to all intents and purposes useless two days before Christmas. Still no idea what caused the 'glitch' but something above worked, happy days.

| Wed 24 Dec 2014 10:27:00 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Many thanks for the update, glad you found a solution

| Wed 24 Dec 2014 10:31:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

I've had something similar to Mr. Gumby's issue today. First of all the remote seemed not to respond, so batteries were changed. No effect. Box didn't respond to any box buttons, so powered it off/on, seemed to work but now it's done it again. I'll try some tricks Mr. Gumby has mentioned but this is the second time this has happened over recent weeks - does anyone have any ideas what might be causing it?

Merry Xmas to all as well

| Thu 25 Dec 2014 15:43:50 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The remote may have switched itself to a different mode.

The remote can use 6 different modes. If it's the only Humax box in the room likely to use mode 1.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-2

| Thu 25 Dec 2014 16:34:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

Thanks for that Graham. Just checked, it was on mode 1 but I also "reset" it to mode 1 too, just in case. Strange thing is, new batteries were put in it yesterday, made no difference, I just put some new ones in again now and they worked (have checked "old" new batteries and they appear to be OK).

| Fri 26 Dec 2014 11:04:53 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

Also noticed my iPhone 5 camera doesn't see the IR light!

| Fri 26 Dec 2014 11:22:14 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.