My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Remote working but box not responding

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

I bought a new HDR 1000S and had really bad problems with the remote.
    control.
    I eventually realised that the remote only didn't work when the TV in the kitchen was on. I have a system where I can watch the boxes in the lounge in the kitchen and bedroom, I won't go into details but as well as being able to recieve the signals on the other two TVs, I also have remote control extenders. I found that if the Philips TV in the kitchen was switched on, the remote for the HDR 1000s would not work, I then realised that when the TV in the kitchen was on, there was Infra Red coming out of the the extender in the lounge and blocking the signal:
    A search on the internet reveals that LCD TVs back-lights can transmit IR and block remotes. The HDR1000s remote seems a bit sensitive to interference this way when the 9300T didn't mind, must be on different frequencies. See this link for details http://forums.cnet.com/7723-21577_102-361270/lcd-tv-interference-with-satellite-ir-remote/
    Anyway, moved the extender away from the Philips TV and now everything works perfectly. As you can see from this link, you don't have to have extenders to have this problem, just an LCD TV which bleeds IR.
    My other two TVs Sony Bravia and a Technika do not do this, only the Philips causes this problem. I wasted hours on this, almost sent the box back, thank goodness I didn't.
    Hope this is of use to someone whose remote fails to work, try turning your TV off and then try the remote for your Humax, you will see by the display on the box if it works or not.

| Mon 23 Feb 2015 10:05:13 #11 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.