My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remotes - yet again

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

Humax 4000T:

I have two of these, purely because I couldn't get another Topfield.

Just like a lot of people, my remotes are failing yet again.

My first kit had a RM-L03, which lasted all of 2 months.

Mind you, my brand new kit only lasted 4 months before it packed up, & I was fobbed of with a second hand piece of garbage, that looks like it's been dragged all over the place.

I bought a RM-L803 remote, which lasted about 4 months, and was replaced by Humax.

My second one came with an RM-L08.

They've both always played up somewhat, but now I'm ready to get rough.

One of them has the pads dropping off, and the other only has half of the pads working.

Yes - I've tried altering the 'pairing' channels,,,, yes I've tried a dozen sets of batteries etc etc.

I paid hard earned money for new stuff that I thought would last,,,, but they've been garbage from day one

I need two working remotes.

BZ

| Fri 12 Jun 2020 20:34:54 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

You seem to have tried everything and been a bit unlucky. But what do you expect from 'us'?

| Sat 13 Jun 2020 9:10:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

I'm sorry Trev special member, the last time, others in the same position joined in, and offered help and advice, leading to obtaining better remotes, and help from Humax.
    I'll try to omit you from my plea's next time

I did send a copy to Humax too.

| Sat 13 Jun 2020 9:44:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

I've had a replacement remote from eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RM-Series-Replacement-Remote-Control-For-Humax-FVP-4000T-MOCHA/272202560808?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

which was much better than the RM-LO8 that came with my FVP4000T.
    The original remotes had a seemingly random response to button presses - I have to watch the LED on the remote to see if it has accepted the command - then wait two seconds to see if the box responds!

| Mon 15 Jun 2020 8:41:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

Cheers,
    The only time I bought a third party remote, was for my Toshiba TV,,,, but made a mistake.
    It was obvious that the quality was crap, and I struggled to get it to work properly.
    After all my years of electronics, I've never known remotes to be so bad as they seem to be nowadays.
    I've dropped a line to Humax, but you will know that their customer support is pretty dismal - i'll report back here with any update.

| Mon 15 Jun 2020 10:08:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

7. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pigolato - 26 mins ago  » 
    I suppose it could be an early model - how could I tell? There's no sign of a serial number anywhere, or was the design changed subtly?

When did you buy your FVP? I didn't have one of the early RM-L08 remotes so I don't know whether there are distinguishing features.

| Mon 15 Jun 2020 18:19:42 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

Likewise, is there a noticable difference ?
    My first kit came with a RM-L03, which I bought a replacement for, which also went kaput. Humax exchanged it for an RM-Lo8, which seemed better - for a while. That also went bust & I had to buy another, which is now losing it's buttons.

The second one came with an RM-LO8, which Humax replaced, then I had to buy another. That has now dysfunctioning microswitches.

I'm now a disabled pensioner, and my fingers aren't getting any better. It's a struggle to watch anything when these things are playing up.

Any advice on replacement recorders ?

| Tue 16 Jun 2020 11:49:05 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

furkin - 45 mins ago  » 

The second one came with an RM-LO8, which Humax replaced, then I had to buy another. That has now dysfunctioning microswitches.

I agree that RM-L08 is not the best remote that Humax have produced. A couple of keys on mine are requiring multiple presses to function. When I have time I will look into the possibility of opening it and seeing if cleaning will help.

Any advice on replacement recorders ?

There have been some encouraging reports about the Manhattan T3-R but it seems to me that the software is still a bit immature but they do seem to be issuing regular updates. There is a major software update in the works which will fix some of the limitations compared to a Humax but it is several months away. The Panasonic PVRs are reckoned to be pretty reliable.

| Tue 16 Jun 2020 12:49:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.