My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remotes - yet again

(14 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago
    There have been some encouraging reports about the Manhattan T3-R but it seems to me that the software is still a bit immature but they do seem to be issuing regular updates. There is a major software update in the works which will fix some of the limitations compared to a Humax but it is several months away. The Panasonic PVRs are reckoned to be pretty reliable.

Absolutely but limited to what you can watch when two recordings are in progress, unlike even my old Humax 9200.

Tue 16 Jun 2020 14:17:45 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

I had a Manhattan STB, which was o.k,,,, but not much to go wrong.
    I bought a "top of the range" Panasonic hdd recorder just before I learned of hdd kits, so I ought to sell that. I also bought a LiteOn kit, as back-up.
    Mind you, I still have a terrific Toshiba hdd player that I bought just before I learned of recorders also !!!!
    (is there a market for these museum pieces ?!)
    I used to be on top of all this stuff, till my 'old-timers' kicked in !!
    I still have the Topfield.

It's absolutely great in some respects (changeability etc), but limited in others.
    I do wish they'd carried on making them.

Tue 16 Jun 2020 14:52:02 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Biggles - 2 hours ago  » 
    Absolutely but limited to what you can watch when two recordings are in progress, unlike even my old Humax 9200.

Can I clarify; was that comment aimed at the Manhattan (I believe it is currently true but the version 2 software due in a few months will allegedly improve the situation) or the Panasonic?

Tue 16 Jun 2020 16:27:04 #13 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Martin Liddle - 3 hours ago
    Can I clarify; was that comment aimed at the Manhattan (I believe it is currently true but the version 2 software due in a few months will allegedly improve the situation) or the Panasonic?

The highlighted text of your post, the Panasonic, and I was agreeing absolutely that the Panasonic is reliable.

Tue 16 Jun 2020 20:13:26 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.