My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Reorder channels? also channels in 800 range?

(13 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JohnB47 - 24 minutes ago  » 

Perhaps it's time to replace the aerial (it's been on the house for many years and was never replaced after DSO).
    Thanks for the help with this everyone.

Most likely reason is that water has got into the coax possibly by the weather proof cap on the aerial being displaced. The aerial terminals may well be corroded. Water in the coax causes differing effects at different frequencies. Inspect the coax at the lower end carefully for signs of water. It's possible that water can get into your pvr by this route.

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 12:47:12 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JohnB47 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I can't really understand why the strength/quality of some channels can be worse than others, if they're all transmitted from the same place and why they fluctuate (on a very calm sunny evening down here in East Devon).

Poorly fitted connectors can produce this effect. Graham's suggestion of water in the cabling is another possibility. I suggest a careful look at the cabling is in order.

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 14:29:46 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnB47

OK, thanks for that.

Water damage is a distict possibility - we had amazing rain here throughout June and even worse a couple of weeks ago.

Unfortunately the aerial is fitted to a chimney stack about 50ft up - well above the limit of my ladders (and nerve!).

The only thing I could do is to unscrew the lower end of the cable and see if water comes out.

Cheers all.

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 18:41:10 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.