My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Retune deletes scheduled recordings....

(36 posts)
  1. ricke17

ricke17

Hey,

Just found out the hard way that after I done a retune all my scheduled recordings went to Humax heaven.

Is this the case?, and if so, is there a way of exporting schedules and importing them in the future?

Cheers,

Rick.

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 20:15:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

There is on the older Humax Freeview+ boxes via a hidden menu but it didn't take account of changes to the tuning. If there already is a method on the FVP-4000T I personally wouldn't trust the result to be reliable.
    Did you wait a little while to check that they haven't returned? On youview boxes it takes a few minutes after a clean single retune for the schedule to be accurately restored. It is not simple to automatically restore to an adjusted set of channels thus the slight delay on boxes that can do it.

It was announced that the schedule will be retained on freeview play models on sale after March 2016.
    Unfortunately that's not quite yet, plus the announcement was ambiguous whether that would apply to freeview play models already on sale or just for ones that first came on sale after March 2016.

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 21:40:11 #2 |
  3. ricke17

ricke17

I waited an hour after the retune and the scheduled recordings were still in Humax heaven. Slightly annoying as it took a good hour to sort them all out again. Incidentally, I only retuned as I read somewhere that the horror channel was being rejigged and a retune may be necessary.

| Thu 10 Dec 2015 21:44:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

ricke17 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I waited an hour after the retune and the scheduled recordings were still in Humax heaven. Slightly annoying as it took a good hour to sort them all out again. Incidentally, I only retuned as I read somewhere that the horror channel was being rejigged and a retune may be necessary.

Presumably someone in your home watches either Horror Channel or CBS Drama which was also unavailable without a retune?

You may have got away with just manual tuning the com4 and com6 two multiplex frequencies for your transmitter. I don't own a FVP-4000T but on the other Humax freeview HD recorders that would have only deleted the schedule for those 2 multiplexes.

Having said that there where also some other additions but I suspect that their viewing figures will be less than CBS Drama!

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 0:33:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

Wish I'd seen this before retuning mine yesterday, common Humax this is a basic requirement!
    At this rate I might resurrect my old toppy 5800 running mystuff

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 10:46:25 #5 |
  6. ricke17

ricke17

It is quite annoying - but I guess we learn the hard way!

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 10:47:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

I've stopped deleting episodes we've watched so it doesn't re record them, this means the recordings are still there of any series (fills the hdd a bit) but if you go into each one there's an option to select "record whole series" so at least I haven't had to search through the rubbish epg

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 10:59:16 #7 |
  8. ricke17

ricke17

Yeh annoyingly I discovered that by accident after redoing all the schedules lol

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 11:20:08 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Most Humax products appear to behave in this unfortunate way. When any updates show up on my 2000T I now take a picture using my Tablet of the recording schedule. It certainly makes life much easier when re-programming it later.

However, it doesn't have to be this way. All our Panasonic kit gives you the option of just updating the changes rather than the whole thing over again. This method means the schedule remains in place with the EPG simply updated with any changes - real 21st century stuff eh? Memo to Humax.

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 15:38:58 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

I agree, it is bit rubbish in this day and age, my old topfield 5800 didn't do this

| Tue 22 Dec 2015 23:57:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.