My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

retune east midlands

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

old grumpy

Can you tell me what transmitter numbers i need to do a manual retune for the east midlands area.I am based in Derby south area.

| Thu 5 Mar 2020 18:06:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Which way does your aerial point and are the elements (flat horizontal) or vertical ?

There are a number of possibilities. Sutton Coldfield covers some locations in Derby.

Use the links here and your postcode to check the most likely transmitter

https://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewhelp/coverage.html

Just tried the links they need updating

Try

http://www.wolfbane.net/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?

| Thu 5 Mar 2020 18:12:56 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

old grumpy - 55 mins ago  » 
    Can you tell me what transmitter numbers i need to do a manual retune for the east midlands area.I am based in Derby south area.

I am closer to Nottingham than you and use Waltham and Nottingham (Kimberley). For Waltham your aerial will point slightly south of east and the elements of the aerial will be horizontal. I doubt you will be using Nottingham but if so your aerial will be pointing NE and the elements will be vertical. Sutton Coldfield has West Midlands content and you've asked for East Midlands but for completeness your aerial will be pointing SW. My guess is you're using Waltham from South of Derby.

Waltham: 29-31-32-34-35(HD)-37-41-55(HD)-56(HD).
    Nottingham: 21(HD)-24-27-33-36-44-48.

EDIT: If you're anywhere near Aston-on-Trent I have a friend there who uses the Waltham transmitter.

| Thu 5 Mar 2020 19:22:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

old grumpy - 1 hour ago  » 

Are you certain that you need to retune? Sometimes you can be mislead into believing you need to just because some obscure channel has changed its name, or something as simple as that.

If you really need to retune, can you try to establish, by looking at the tuning menus, the channel number for at least one Mux you are receiving and that will help others to fathom out which transmitter you are receiving to give you the whole list.

| Thu 5 Mar 2020 19:54:43 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

A1944 - 2 mins ago  » 

old grumpy - 1 hour ago  » 

Are you certain that you need to retune?

There was a change of multiplexes yesterday for the East Midlands, not just a new shopping channel.

| Thu 5 Mar 2020 19:59:00 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

old grumpy

Thanks for all the really prompt replies.My aerial points the same as nearly all the other aerials in my road, towards Waltham.The result gives me good reception apart from transmitter channels 31 and 37 where strength is 72% and 66%.On 55 there is no signal.Anyway thanks to you all

| Fri 6 Mar 2020 11:39:00 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

That sort of signal strength is plenty, quality is the important thing and should be 100%. Strange you're not picking up the HD channel on 55.

| Fri 6 Mar 2020 11:50:07 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

old grumpy - 19 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for all the really prompt replies.My aerial points the same as nearly all the other aerials in my road, towards Waltham.The result gives me good reception apart from transmitter channels 31 and 37 where strength is 72% and 66%.On 55 there is no signal.Anyway thanks to you all

when you were looking at channel 55 did you change the modulation to DVB-T2 ?

| Fri 6 Mar 2020 11:58:53 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterjay

Hello,
    I had the same problem and have just done manual tune for Waltham.
    I am not sure about the numbers, I used 29-31-32-34-35 but 35 gave nothing, so
    29 31 32 34 has got me up and running, should I have had a couple of more numbers can you please let me know I DO NOT HAVE HD.
    Thank you kindly
    Peter/

| Fri 6 Mar 2020 17:35:56 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

peterjay - 30 mins ago  » 
    29 31 32 34 has got me up and running, should I have had a couple of more numbers can you please let me know I DO NOT HAVE HD.

You might want to read this FAQ https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336 and check that you are following all the steps.

| Fri 6 Mar 2020 18:07:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.