My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

retune east midlands

(18 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

peterjay - 48 mins ago  » 
    Hello,
    I had the same problem and have just done manual tune for Waltham.
    I am not sure about the numbers, I used 29-31-32-34-35 but 35 gave nothing, so
    29 31 32 34 has got me up and running, should I have had a couple of more numbers can you please let me know I DO NOT HAVE HD.
    Thank you kindly
    Peter/

You need a Freeview-HD device to tune to a HD mux . It needs to have dvb-T2 capability. COM 7 and 8 have mixed HD and SD but also use DVB-T2

| Fri 6 Mar 2020 18:27:10 #11 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

peterjay - 57 mins ago  » 
    Hello,
    I had the same problem and have just done manual tune for Waltham.
    I am not sure about the numbers, I used 29-31-32-34-35 but 35 gave nothing, so
    29 31 32 34 has got me up and running, should I have had a couple of more numbers can you please let me know I DO NOT HAVE HD.
    Thank you kindly
    Peter/

For Waltham non HD channels, your multiplex numbers are:

29-31-32-34-37-41.

Note that 41 is the local multiplex transmitted at very low power compared to the main multiplexes so don't be surprised if 41 gives variable results.

| Fri 6 Mar 2020 18:39:44 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

old grumpy - 1 day ago  » 
    ...On 55 there is no signal

I use the Waltham transmitter and one of my Humaxes has reported no signal on 55. However, if I leave it for quite a while a signal does appear. This leads to problems when tuning that frequency. If you try three or four times to tune 55 you might be lucky (like me) and actually pick up the multiplex. If you do, be prepared for warning messages (about lack of signal?) when selecting a a channel (eg. BBC News HD). Eventually (maybe upto a minute) you'll get the channel.

Re: Local Mux on 41. Despite the lower power, I'm getting a better signal with less interference compared with before the 700MHz clearance.

| Sat 7 Mar 2020 12:04:57 #13 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

EEPhil - 2 hours ago  » 

old grumpy - 1 day ago  » 
    ...On 55 there is no signal

I use the Waltham transmitter and one of my Humaxes has reported no signal on 55. However, if I leave it for quite a while a signal does appear. This leads to problems when tuning that frequency. If you try three or four times to tune 55 you might be lucky (like me) and actually pick up the multiplex. If you do, be prepared for warning messages (about lack of signal?) when selecting a a channel (eg. BBC News HD). Eventually (maybe upto a minute) you'll get the channel.
    Re: Local Mux on 41. Despite the lower power, I'm getting a better signal with less interference compared with before the 700MHz clearance.

My main kit is receiving from the Nottingham (Kimberley) transmitter and the kit receiving from Waltham is SD only so can't help with the multiplex on UHF channel 55, however I agree with you EEPhil that the local multiples on UHF 41 is much more reliable. I manually tuned a Panasonic TV at Wollaton receiving from Waltham but don't remember any problem with UHF 55, unfortunately I'm not there at the moment to recheck.

| Sat 7 Mar 2020 14:40:02 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

old grumpy

Thanks again for the help.As a matter of interest i did an auto retune and achieved practically the same results ,ie no signal on 55. I have 2 other tvs , on a different aerial, still pointing the same way, and have perfect reception on all hd channels including 55.Suggests that the problem is the humax machine.

| Sun 8 Mar 2020 14:44:03 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

It could well be a problem with some/all/many Humaxes. I didn't find a problem with the TV tuner. If you have the time, try a manual tune of 55 and see what happens.

| Sun 8 Mar 2020 15:24:30 #16 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

old grumpy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks again for the help.As a matter of interest i did an auto retune and achieved practically the same results ,ie no signal on 55. I have 2 other tvs , on a different aerial, still pointing the same way, and have perfect reception on all hd channels including 55.Suggests that the problem is the humax machine.

Also try moving the box to your other aerial to eliminate, or indicate, any aerial problem.

| Sun 8 Mar 2020 15:52:42 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

old grumpy - 1 hour ago  » 

The fact that you have a second aerial does not mean that they will both perform the same, one may have a different frequency response to the other. Also if they are mounted close together, one may be adversely affecting the other.

| Sun 8 Mar 2020 16:28:52 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.