My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Retune problems - loss of channels

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Janof DP

I read on the forum that someone with a Foxsat has the same problems as I have with my PVR 9150T. I appear to have lost several channels including ITV3, 5USA and various others. I have started retuning from scratch (as advised) with different chains but none is picking up the missing channels. I used to tune in on (in order) 34,32,29,30,37 or 33 but since the changeover I now have 100% signal and quality on Ch.22,24,27 and 28, each of these giving me some of my channels eg BBC 1 & 2 are on 24, ITV 1,2 & Chs. 4,5 are on 27 and Pick and Dave are on 22 whilst Film 4 comes from 28. I am sure I used to have 99 TV channels out of the 999 shown in the installation box for saving but now have 85. Can anybody help please? I have tried virtually every chain on the manual retune but still end up with the above.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 16:26:36 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have you tried the retune instructions as per the last time you had problems, as it appeared to fix it for you then:

Link to thread

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 17:06:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Janof DP - 3 hours ago  » I now have 100% signal and quality on Ch.22,24,27 and 28

You need to also tune to 25

For the reason why you need 25 use the link within the link of Barry's post

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 19:29:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Janof DP

Thanks Barry. You've come up trumps as usual. Managed to do the total retune again this morning. On my previous manual retunes yesterday I didn't delete all the channels first - I went through the removing the aerial route to get to the point where no channels were found and started from there. I don't know why that made a difference but it obviously did. However, I am still missing ITV3 on channel 10 - at the moment it is in the 800 group and I know I read somewhere what you do to get it to 10 but for the life of me I can't find it this morning. Can you possibly spare this old lady another couple of minutes to remind me please? I promise to print off all the instructions this time in case it happens again after our long vacations away from home when we obviously miss some of the updates etc.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 13:02:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Janof DP

Thanks Barry. You've come up trumps as usual. Managed to do the total retune again this morning. On my previous manual retunes yesterday I didn't delete all the channels first - I went through the removing the aerial route to get to the point where no channels were found and started from there. I don't know why that made a difference but it obviously did. However, I am still missing ITV3 on channel 10 - at the moment it is in the 800 group and I know I read somewhere what you do to get it to 10 but for the life of me I can't find it this morning. Can you possibly spare this old lady another couple of minutes to remind me please? I promise to print off all the instructions this time in case it happens again after our long vacations away from home when we obviously miss some of the updates etc.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 13:11:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Janof DP - 33 minutes ago  »  However, I am still missing ITV3 on channel 10 - at the moment it is in the 800 group and I know I read somewhere what you do to get it to 10 but for the life of me I can't find it this morning.

What this means is that you have not exactly followed the manual retune instructions. You will need to try again.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097

The channel numbers that you need are 25, 22, 24, 27 and 28.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 13:47:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Janof DP

I'm beginning to pull my hair out !!!! Thank you Luke for your input and I did indeed try yet again - for the at least the 3rd time - but still my ITV3, 5+1, 5*, 5 USA, ITV2 + 1 and probably others are up in the 800s. I do search manually on 24,27,25,22,28 (not 21 as I don't have HD) and I've tried with the network search on both "enable" and "disable" but all to no avail. I've read the instructions and believe I have followed them to the letter so just do not know what else I can do. I read the Humax manual for editing channels in section 9, but don't know what that is all about so I am still asking for help please.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 17:51:57 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Network search must be disabled. If you are getting channels in the 800s then you are not following my instructions to the letter. All I can say is follow my instructions to the letter, don't miss anything out and don't add anything.

Removing the aerial during a search does nothing for a Humax.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 18:03:08 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

On my previous manual retunes yesterday I didn't delete all the channels first - I went through the removing the aerial route to get to the point where no channels were found and started from there.

I've tried with the network search on both "enable" and "disable" but all to no avail.

From your own words in post #4/#5 and #7 you are not following my instructions. I'm assuming that your channel selection is correct and there are no peculiarities with your transmitter.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 18:29:30 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Janof DP

I'm sorry, but I have just retuned yet again. I can assure you I am following the instructions as given in the link. I have the network search disabled and I have searched each channel number as obtained from the digitaluk web site for my post code ie 24,27,25,22,28. I have not missed anything out and I haven't added anything in.
    The removal of the aerial and powering off and then on of the receiver before replacing the aerial was part of the method originally given to me by Humax some years ago. Obviously the aerial was replaced when the search actually took place. I haven't done this when following your instructions - I was just mentioning that I had previously used this other method, albeit to no avail.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 18:45:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.