My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Retune problems - loss of channels

(20 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

And have you still got channels in the 800s?

When you have deleted all the channels and saved the result do you get a "No channels are available...." message?

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 18:52:00 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Janof DP

Yes. As I said I followed your instructions to the letter. After my last note I went and tried it again, no difference; so I did a default reset and then started over yet again. Now I have the channels in the right place at last. However, they are all saying that they are unavailable or scrambled................ However, I now do not have any 800 numbers, so I suppose that's something. What else can I do please? Any more ideas?

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 19:18:35 #12 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

The instructions have been used by hundreds of people with complete success, they have even been copied onto Amazon by somebody called Alan as his own work. I have just followed my instructions while retuning one of my own boxes, they are not in question.

If you are getting the 'unavailable or scrambled' message and you do not have good versions of those channels in the 800s then you have a reception problem or you are manually tuning to the wrong transmitter. Have you checked that the transmitter that the aerial is pointing at is the one you're tuning to? Did you allow the Automatic Search during the Default Setting process? Have you done an Automatic Search, what is the result of an Automatic Search?

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 19:34:30 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Janof DP

I'm sorry if you think I'm questioning your instructions because I am not. I realise hundreds of people have found them useful as have I in the past. It's just that I am becoming frustrated with the fact that for some reason I'm not being successful this time and am not sufficiently able to sort out why on my own. In answer to your questions - I have used the transmitter that was quoted to me on the digitaluk site after putting in my postcode and no I haven't done an automatic search at all. I will try that tomorrow after doing another default! Thank you for your help and I'll let you know the outcome.

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 0:02:26 #14 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

If you are not getting a usable signal from the transmitter stated on the DigitalUK web site (presumably the one with UHF channel numbers stated in previous posts) then you have to check if your aerial is pointing at another transmitter. On the DigitalUK web site there are compass bearings to the available transmitters from your location, have a look at your aerial and try to estimate it's compass bearing. If you don't have a compass then remember the sun (if we ever see it) is due south (180deg.) at midday.

Another thing you could do is an Automatic Search, if you don't get any channels in the 800 range then leave it at that. If the Automatic Search picks up plenty of usable channels, 800s or correct channel numbers, then from that UHF channel information somebody in your area may be able to tell you the most suitable transmitter for you.

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 0:54:29 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Janof DP

It's me again - sorry Biggles! I have gone right back to the beginning with your instructions and think I might as well give up and accept I am not going to get those missing channels. I have checked the aerial and it is pointing in the same direction as all our neighbours' aerials ie towards the Isle of Wight, which is the Rowridge transmitter. I have tried automatic searches; default resets followed by automatic searches; default resets followed by manual searches; yet again your method of deleting all channels etc and still I get the same channels and none of those previously mentioned missing ones. I can only presume that as the signal strength on "25" is only 69% and quality varies from 0-50% and back again in seconds, then that must be the problem. All the others are 100% quality and at least 77% strength. I have tried tuning in to the Hannington transmitter which is the next supposed best on the digitaluk listings but that produced nothing either. So, that's it ! I shall just have to watch/record anything on ITV3/5USA/5* etc on my Humax Freesat box in the kitchen! Thanks for all the time you've taken trying to help me but I'm going to retire gracefully from the scene.

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 15:33:50 #16 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Your signal strength of 69% on UHF channel 25 is more than adequate, I would say you have an interference problem on that channel. Do you have an aerial amplifier? If so bypass it and see what happens.

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 15:51:02 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Janof DP

Hi Biggles. Thanks again for the latest suggestion. I have now tried bypassing the aerial amplifier and it's still a no-go unfortunately. I checked with digitaluk and the missing channels are all on the multiplex SDN apparently and that is definitely my 25. I have tried all the other SDN tuning channels mentioned on the site for the Meridian area but no luck. When I try to tune in 25 (or the other SDN ones) it always says "no channels found" so it looks like I'll just have to put up with it.

| Wed 7 Nov 2012 14:59:39 #18 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Have a word with your close neighbours with aerials pointing in the same direction to see if they have problems with the SDN multiplex on 25. If you give a vague idea of your location maybe someone local on here could suggest what the problem is.

Hopefully you've now mastered the Manual Search instructions and do not get any channels in the 800 range. One more thing, if you are getting 100% quality on the other channels without the aerial amplifier then I'd ditch it, unnecessary aerial amplification is not a good thing.

| Wed 7 Nov 2012 16:03:30 #19 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Just a thought but have you got any equipment that might be outputting a signal on channel 25, an old video tape recorder for example.

| Wed 7 Nov 2012 17:27:55 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.