My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

RM-109U remote not connecting to HDR 2000T

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spindle1995

I have had my RM-109U remote for about 8 weeks. Initially it worked okay, then intermittently, now not at all! New batteries were put in when first used.

I have to use the controls on the HDR 2000T set top box to come out of standby/change channels and thus am not able to record or watch anything recorded.

Whatever button I press the PVR *and* TV button together/both show red.

I have removed the batteries and held down 0 and the red button together for 30 seconds. (It is since then that the remote stopped working at all.)

Can anyone help please???! I am not technically minded so need any advice to be simple...you won't offend me!

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 18:23:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Usual advice is remove the batteries and then press and hold the power on button for 15 seconds or so. This discharges any stored energy in the remote capacitors. Replace the batteries and try again.

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 19:30:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spindle1995

Oooh, that seems to have worked! Thank you so much. Hope it continued to be the solution. Yay!

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 21:07:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spindle1995

Hmm. It only solves it briefly. I have to remove the batteries/press power on button almost every time I wish to use the remote. Either that or somehow get it to work (luck?) by pressing TV and PVR in turn??

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 2:28:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

You only need to press PVR once to activate it (it will light up briefly). If you keep pressing both, you will most likely be inadvertently switching back to TV mode a lot of the time.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 6:32:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spindle1995

Thank you. Yes, I realise that is likely to happen.

The issue is now still the same. I am wondering if there is a loose connection in the remote? Is that a thing?! Whatever I press, the response is that the PVR and TV flash red together and a connection to the set top box doesn't occur. Occasionally I can get a response if I do as grahamlthompson suggested.

| Sun 10 Jan 2021 1:38:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Spindle1995 - 11 mins ago  » 
    Whatever I press, the response is that the PVR and TV flash red together and a connection to the set top box doesn't occur.

Isn't that the way that the remote tells you that the batteries are too poor?

| Sun 10 Jan 2021 1:50:42 #7 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

Spindle1995 - 4 days ago  » 
    I have had my RM-109U remote for about 8 weeks. Initially it worked okay, then intermittently, now not at all! New batteries were put in when first used.

Did you buy it new? If yes, contact Humax and ask for a replacement. If it wasn't new, you could buy a new RM-109U for £27 from Humax Direct.

| Sun 10 Jan 2021 9:21:53 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.