My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

sat output?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

g4jnw

I have just bought an HDR1100S, previously had a foxsat.
    Was surprised there is no sat out, i used the sat out for my LG TV which has built in satellite tuner, is there a way of splitting one of the cables to loop through to the TV and if so which socket or doesn't it matter?

| Sat 9 Jun 2018 9:17:39 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The SAT 1 Out on the Foxsat is intended to feed SAT 2 In via a short cable loop to enable the second tuner on single cable installs.

Assuming you have two cables what you were doing would cause two units to try and control a single feed by both outputting control signal. No problem if both want the same 1/4 of channels, problem for 1 if not.

Providing a single feed to each would work with limitations as the unit would make an internal link to enable the second turner.

I would suggest you forget the TV Sat connection and just use the HDR-1100S with full functionality or run another cable if you have a spare LNB port.

| Sat 9 Jun 2018 10:07:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

g4jnw

Just as i thought, no quad LNB which wouldn't be a problem but im in a terrace house and cables have to go over the top of the house so too much cabling and then the nightmare of running it under a new floor. I'll just forget the idea i think.

| Sat 9 Jun 2018 10:12:25 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There's no sat out on a 2nd generation box because the tuner 1 to tuner 2 link required for single cable working is internal and automatically enabled.

You could fit a splitter to say tuner 2 in. Because the TV tuner will have no lnb control channels you can view on the TV will be restricted to those in the same frequency band (High/Low) and polarisation (Vertical/Horizontal) as the channel tuner 2 is currently using.

Alternatively you could run your box in single cable mode and use the second feed for the TV. A retune will switch your box into single cable mode.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

If you have a sky type dish then it's likely you have a lnb with at least 4 outputs, if so best option is simply connect a 3rd cable for the TV.

EDIT

Repassac beat me to it

| Sat 9 Jun 2018 10:13:31 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.