My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Saved scheduled recordings are being cleared

(13 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

tovish -
    I also noticed that the clock did not automatically go an hour forward when the clocks changed. Usually it changes automatically.

The clock will only change when the PVR is receiving a TV channel, not when in STANDBY. You may also find that Series-Link reservations may go astray this week, just cancel and reset them.

| Mon 30 Mar 2015 17:29:07 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

tovish - 7 hours ago  » 
    I do have the machine switched on all the time - but on standby - so you always see the clock on the Humax box itself. Is that what you mean by on all the time?

Although it is switched on I meant fully switched on, not in standby, ie disable eco/power-savings. Just for testing purposes to see whether you have a choice of leaving full on and it working as expected or not.

Unfortunately I can't recommend anything. A couple of years ago the hdr-fox-t2 would have been ideal, but it's no longer manufactured. the newer boxes are cheaper made, newer hard drives aren't as reliable, and the newer boxes try to be all singing and dancing which causes their own software problems as we've seen numerous times.
    As much as I'm dismayed by humax with their newer products I'm not aware of anything better. The last time I plugged in my 11 year old humax pvr8000t it booted up fine as does the 9200t and obviously the newer HD humax's
    As much as I'm pleased that my older SD products still work I don't use them. Unfortunately we live in a throw away society, some people change their phones every few months. In your situation if I couldn't get the 9300t to work as I wanted I'd probably replace it with a new humax and if you have a full HD TV it'll be worth it for that alone.
    I'd love to hear from anybody that knows of a better alternative to humax

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 0:18:26 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthur

our PVR-915T looses the schedule on a daily basis over night, we keep it on standby when not in use. also if we put it on standby when we go to bed while it is still recording, we have to turn it off and back on again in the morning as it hasn't gone to standby after finishing recording, also if its on standby and starts to record a program, it wont record a following program.

| Tue 28 Apr 2015 21:40:28 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.