My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Schedule Not Displaying Info for Series

(56 posts)
  1. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

This problem started around Christmas time and I put it down to Christmas specials of regular series having different CRIDs, but the problem has persisted and become worse.

It's probably best explained by giving an example: I have several series recordings scheduled for Sunday evening including Vera on ITV HD and Call the Midwife and The Tourist on BBC1 HD.
    The first two are correctly displayed in the Recording Schedule, but The Tourist isn't, it is further down the list showing 'Getting information fo...' along with many other series without any info.

The EPG is fully populated for the coming week on all of the channels I am recording from, but the red dot is not displayed for my scheduled recordings that don't have any info. If I select any from the EPG I either get no options at all or just the option 'Cancel Whole Series' which suggests that the Humax knows the series is set for recording despite not showing the info for it.

I have compared a few series CRIDs from my recordings to upcoming broadcasts and they haven't changed, and I have unplugged the Humax from the power to reset it, but nothing changed.

Any suggestions before I resort to a Factory Default reset?

| Sat 8 Jan 2022 13:59:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

It's a glitch in the EPG design.
    It's been around forever and I have stopped worrying about it (to the point of forgetting exactly how it manifests itself) but it's something along the lines of :-
    I know that a series link has been set.
    The EPG shows the series link icon.
    The schedule shows (perhaps) the next scheduled event but nothing after that (despite the EPG being fully populated).
    The recordings list shows the episodes already recorded but also displays the upcoming schedule including the event missing when viewing the schedule list.
    Or something like that anyway.

| Sat 8 Jan 2022 14:08:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Two things you could try:

1. Delete the series for The Tourist (or any other that are doing it) and then set it again from the EPG.

2: Set a backup recording of the series from BBC1 SD (or HD if you have SD supposedly set up). Better on SD if not at all.

Personally I have not seen this issue.

| Sat 8 Jan 2022 18:40:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

This glitch is definitely back.
    Just checked the EPG and none of my long term series links (The Chase, Only Connect etc) are displaying the record icon. If I select an episode the only option I have is to cancel the schedule (which suggests that the link is still active) but to be on the safe side just follow A1944's advice.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 11:06:27 #4 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Thanks for the replies.
    I have been aware that the BBC recordings I have scheduled haven't been displaying correctly for quite some time now, and I've learned to live with that, but this was something different. In my schedule of 20 series recordings only 6 had the info for the next episode displayed, and the rest were waiting for info.

I had already deleted some of these from the schedule and set another series record for them, but it didn't solve the problem. However this time, after unplugging the Humax for 10 minutes or so, although it didn't appear to have immediately changed anything, after once more cancelling the series without info, and setting them up again, it looks promising.
    Along with Around the World in Eighty Days, the three series I mentioned in my original post were all recorded last night, and are also showing correctly in my schedule list for next week.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 18:42:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Yes, I have 6 in my list that say "getting information", all series linked, most for events at the end of this week but one is for tomorrow. If I select that one, I can see the list of events 11>17 but no record icon. Cancel whole series is the only option. Cancel then setting up the schedule again from the EPG and it appears in the list correctly.

| Mon 10 Jan 2022 19:14:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I currently have 10 entries "getting information" in my schedule, if I select one of these (that already has episodes recorded) it shows those but not the upcoming events. If I look via the recording list, it is the same. If I go to the EPG and then the specific date for the next episode, there is no recording icon showing but if I select the episode it then shows the recording and the upcoming schedule in the left pane (but no icons) and only the option to cancel whole series.
    Something else I have now noticed is that several series have lost the first episodes (that I know for definite were recorded and present a couple of days ago).
    I don't have my 4000t connected to the internet (to resolve the instant record issue) and I have power cycled several times but the recordings have (at least for now) gone.
    I am about to do a factory reset, I'll report back if there are any changes (but obviously I will have to reenter all my schedules).

| Wed 12 Jan 2022 13:42:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Nope, recordings haven't reappeared unfortunately.

| Wed 12 Jan 2022 14:08:59 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Just having a look at my series link of Dickinsons Real Deal (reset after factory default).
    Left info pane is only showing the icons on the 14th and 18th, the others are listed up to the 19th).
    Checking the information for each and apparently they are all series 17 but the episode numbers are in no logical order. But even so, I would expect the icon to be present for all episodes.

| Wed 12 Jan 2022 15:57:33 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

And now (with absolutely no changes made by me) the schedule is only showing 12th (recorded), 13th (no icon) and 14th (series link icon).

| Wed 12 Jan 2022 20:03:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.