File details and playback

Attachments

1. Playback_In_Splash.jpg (58.3 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    2. File_On_Disk.jpg (65.4 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    | Fri 29 Jan 2021 19:43:42 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

If you downloaded that one from the "By Channels" folder you won't have seen the converted version. To see the results of conversions you need to look under the "BySeries" or "ByTime" folder.

If a file has been converted by the transcoder the filename would end in "_converted.ts"

So I think you're comparing the actual SD recording with the converted file, hence the file size difference. Though when you download via the web interface, the file naming *doesn't* have the "_converted.ts" bit appended.

I'll try to grab some screenshots later.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 19:55:30 #32 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 8 mins ago  » 
    If you downloaded that one from the "By Channels" folder you won't have seen the converted version. To see the results of conversions you need to look under the "BySeries" or "ByTime" folder.
    If a file has been converted by the transcoder the filename would end in "_converted.ts"
    So I think you're comparing the actual SD recording with the converted file, hence the file size difference. Though when you download via the web interface, the file naming *doesn't* have the "_converted.ts" bit appended.

I will try again tomorrow,

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 20:04:00 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 15 hours ago  » 

larkim - 8 mins ago  » 

I will try again tomorrow,

The options are just a quick way of finding the file just the same as using the actual box, . Whatever way you use to locate the recording it's the same file you are using ftp to transfer to whatever folder you have selected on your PC.

Going to try downloading again before having a play with the resolution settings in the WebIf.

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 11:17:03 #34 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Second copy is also 1.2O GB and same download from Webif is just 771MB

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 11:32:04 #35 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Had a play with the webif settings.

720 x 576 is the only setting that works. Tried reducing this 544 it said success but did not change anything.

Also tried increasing the video bitrate. It said success but nothing changed,

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 11:40:00 #36 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Downloaded again in case one of the accepted changes made any difference. Still 771MB

Attachments

1. Second_Download_from_Webif_771MB.jpg (59.3 KB, 1 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sat 30 Jan 2021 11:57:55 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I still think you're comparing two different files. Every single *converted* fine I've downloaded through any of the three routes (FTP, Web interface, aura app) have been identical, whether sourced from HD or SD channels.

The file location does make a difference. In the ByChannels view you will only see one copy. In the other two folders you will see two copies, one with the same filename as in the ByChannels view and one with "converted" appended to the file name. Give me 30 minutes and I'll post to demonstrate.

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 12:33:04 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Actually, I take that back. I can now see "converted" and non-converted versions in all three folders. I must have been making a mistake - however I still stand by the fact that the files which are downloaded from any interface and have been converted are identical in size. There is (obviously!) a difference between the unconverted and the converted ones, but it would make zero sense to have coded the software to store the original AND a converted one for use in the app downloads AND a version to sit on a FTP server for no other good reason. I'm just grabbing screenshots to validate that.

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 13:10:46 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A bit lost. I have two files both play back and look the same. So both the same programme. I have repeated the FTP copy to a totally different folder and it's the same size at 1.20GB.

The bitrate of the FTP file is higher hence the filesize is larger but the actual video is not a higher bitrate it must have extra data in the stream that is not needed.

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/looking-for-the-thread-that-describes-what-i-can-expect-from-dlna-between-two-hdr-fox-t2.9894/post-146676

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 13:19:21 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.