My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

SD .ts files playback without transcoding

(72 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 51 secs ago  » 
    You're definitely having a very different experience to me, I can download the HD versions via FTP without difficulty. THey cant be played, but I can download the file from the FTP server.

I will try again in the morning. The one HD programme (a long movie) did nothing.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 19:43:04 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I've still not seen you download one of the "converted" files; you are still only downloading the original files (both SD and HD, though you say you can't download the HD ones (they are in the "enc" folders"). Are you not seeing them on your FTP server?

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 19:43:47 #62 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 16 mins ago  » 
    I've still not seen you download one of the "converted" files; you are still only downloading the original files (both SD and HD, though you say you can't download the HD ones (they are in the "enc" folders"). Are you not seeing them on your FTP server?

I do not need to for SD recordings. The file comes down without encryption and much faster than using the webif and can be immediately played and upscaled to 720p ... Not much point if a HD one remains encrypted.

I normally only record HD anyway. Only recorded SD as test.

I am perfectly happy with using the WebIf and then down loading the transcoded file to my PC downloads folder. The upscaled file then looks much better when played back.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 20:02:25 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Are you still able to access the FTP server? I've not tried anything other than a hard reboot, but since a couple of days ago I'm just getting "ECONNREFUSED" back from the ftp server despite using the right credentials and IP address / port. Seems to be just a Filezilla issue though as commandline works fine.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 16:02:08 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Scratch that, after getting in via command line Filezilla works fine again. Odd!!

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 16:05:56 #65 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No need. I have discovered HD recordings made on my Vbox TV gateway are stored on the USB recording drives as xxxxx.mpg files and they are in Full-HD. Not sure when this started to work. But all recent recordings are 1080p

All I have to do is transfer the drive to a PC and copy them off.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 16:13:37 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

If they look good, that sounds excellent. Wonder whether they've been run through a transcoder to get them there, or whether they've simply removed the encryption from them without losing anything from the broadcast transmission quality.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 17:24:12 #67 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 24 mins ago  » 
    If they look good, that sounds excellent. Wonder whether they've been run through a transcoder to get them there, or whether they've simply removed the encryption from them without losing anything from the broadcast transmission quality.

Mediainfo shows same as a normal-HD Broadcast parameters. I convert them to a .MKV container for greater compability. They look really good on my Samsung tablet using a OTG cable.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 17:51:42 #68 |
  9. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

larkim - 1 week ago  » 
    In terms of downloading via the app, I found a folder on my phone where it was being downloaded to:
    Internal Storage/Android/data/com.humaxdigital.freeview/files/downloads

You won't find that folder on Android 11 unless you connect your phone to a PC.

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 10:41:54 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Is that because Android 11 hides system / app folders better / more rigourously? I'm on Android 10, so that makes sense if others can't find it yet I can.

Shame Android is getting more and more locked down like iOS, but I suppose some of these things are potential security holes so it's likely inevitable.

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 17:55:25 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.