My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

select multi audio and missing recordings?

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tronik

Hi

I bought a Humax FVP-4000T

A doubt. When a movie has multi audio.
    Is there any way to select between one and the other?

Then I have a problem.
    When I record a movie. The movie I see that it is being recorded, when it ends I see that the movie is in recordings.
    But the next day the movie has disappeared (it deletes itself). What is the problem?

However that does not happen when I record TV shows

Can somebody help me

Thank you

| Wed 6 Nov 2019 12:28:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tronik - 1 min ago  » 
    Hi
    I bought a Humax FVP-4000T
    A doubt. When a movie has multi audio.
    Is there any way to select between one and the other?
    Then I have a problem.
    When I record a movie. The movie I see that it is being recorded, when it ends I see that the movie is in recordings.
    But the next day the movie has disappeared (it deletes itself). What is the problem?
    Can somebody help me
    Thank you

Depends what you mean by multi audio.

HD recordings will have a main audio track that will be either 2.0 (stereo) or 5.1 surround as broadcast. In addition there may be a additional audio described track for visually challenged viewers. In addition there may a subtitle track that can display the audio in text form over the picture (for hearing impaired users. The main audio track is actually AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) but is recoded to Dolby Digital when output over HDMI (it will be stereo or 5.1 depending on what the original broadcast used).

The button marked SUB on the remote turns subtitles on/off. The button marked AD switches from the main audio track to the audio described option).

Re your missing recordings. Try this test.

Firstly look at how much hard disk space you have left. Post % used, % available, total storage, system usage and User Usage. Provided you a reasonable percentage free proceed to the following.

Press the FVP button. Scroll to Settings and press OK. Scroll down to PVR settings and press OK. Scroll down to Storage and press OK. Press right on internal HDD

While watching a live channel. Wait 10 mins or so after a new programme has started then the press the red (instant record button). You should see a message that the current programme is being recorded. Press the recordings button and look at the current recordings option. You should see a recording in progress with about 10 mins of content. You can play this back within the currently buffered content. (Chasing playback). Wait till the programme finishes and check you have a complete recording.

Press guide and locate a programme later in the day. Press OK and follow the prompts to record just the programme. Check it actually recorded.

Check the following day you still have both recordings.

SD recordings will always be in 2.0(stereo) and of lower quality to the HD audio as they use a more lossy audio compression codec - mpeg 1 layer 2 rather than AAC.

| Wed 6 Nov 2019 12:53:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tronik

Thanks for your quick reply.

It was not that part I was referring to.
    My question was about when a movie or series. They are broadcasting it in two languages (for example: English and Spanish). I can't change between one and the other.
    With TV I can do it and with another DVB T device too.

The device is new, it has 10 days.
    Internal HDD:
    Total Storage 931.5GB
    System Usage 35.3GB
    User Usage 19.7GB
    Available 876.5GB

I have recorded several things. TV shows and movies.
    And I verified that the program was being recorded. And once finished. The tv show and the movie were completely recorded.
    But the next day the movie has disappeared (it deletes itself).

I have done several tests and only the movies disappear.

| Wed 6 Nov 2019 17:00:08 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Tronik - 7 mins ago  » 

Please could you give us some specific examples (Channel, date, time) of movies that disappear and TV shows that remain. Have you checked that the vanished movies are not in a folder with a different name?

| Wed 6 Nov 2019 17:10:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Tronik: Are you in the UK, or elsewhere? I was just wondering if you may be somewhere that does not allow recording of movies and the box has detected it.

| Wed 6 Nov 2019 17:10:50 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tronik - 23 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    It was not that part I was referring to.
    My question was about when a movie or series. They are broadcasting it in two languages (for example: English and Spanish). I can't change between one and the other.
    With TV I can do it and with another DVB T device too.
    The device is new, it has 10 days.

If not in the UK the other devices may have a location in the setup to accomodate the options. The 4000T is only set up to use UK DVB transmissions.
    Internal HDD:
    Total Storage 931.5GB
    System Usage 35.3GB
    User Usage 19.7GB
    Available 876.5GB
    I have recorded several things. TV shows and movies.
    And I verified that the program was being recorded. And once finished. The tv show and the movie were completely recorded.
    I have done several tests and only the movies disappear.

About the only content you get with dual languages in the UK are on Freesat where you sometimes get English and Welsh soundtracks. Freesat boxes have a button with a loudspeaker button to select the desired audio track. As in the UK you wouldn't find a UK terrestral transmitter which due to limited range never uses dual language audio tracks. The few programmes not in english or dubbed will have english language subtitles.

Whereabouts are you located.

| Wed 6 Nov 2019 17:28:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tronik

I live in Spain.

I bought this device because the technical characteristics were compatible with the TV signal of my country.
    And nothing similar is sold in my country.
    In fact I tune all the channels of Spain. That the device had the menus in English was no problem.
    The only problems I have is that I only listen to the programs, series and movies on V.O.
    If produced in an English-speaking country, in English.
    If they are from France, in French.
    If they are from Germany, in German.
    If they are from Spain, in Spanish.

But everything they emit in Spain can be heard in Spanish as well as in V.O. But in this device it seems that you cannot change between one and the other.

And the other problem is that when I record a movie.
    I recorded the movie, saved it. I see that the movie is saved in recordings and I can watch it. but a few hours later it disappears.
    However, I do record TV shows. everything works well.

With my TV I can also record movies.
    And I don't have the problem that after the movies disappear.

I hope I could clarify the subject a little more.

Humax has written to me about the subject of movies, and has told me the following:
    "I have seen that before in the FVP-5000T models I need for you to disconnect hte power from the product for around one minute and re connect it this will bring back your recordings."

It doesn't work, everything stays the same

| Wed 6 Nov 2019 23:34:35 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tronik - 11 hours ago  » 
    I live in Spain.
    I bought this device because the technical characteristics were compatible with the TV signal of my country.
    In fact I tune all the channels of Spain. That the device had the menus in English was no problem.
    The only problems I have is that I only listen to the programs, series and movies
    on V.O.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/file-transfer
    But everything they emit in Spain can be heard in Spanish as well as in V.O. But in this device it seems that you cannot change between one and the other.
    I recorded the movie, saved it. I see that the movie is saved in recordings and I can watch it. but a few hours later it disappears.
    Humax has written to me about the subject of movies, and has told me the following:
    "I have seen that before in the FVP-5000T models I need for you to disconnect hte power from the product for around one minute and re connect it this will bring back your recordings."

| Thu 7 Nov 2019 11:06:03 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 min ago  » 

Tronik - 11 hours ago  » 
    I live in Spain.

If the recordings are in SD then a 5000T can save them in a playable format to a windows 10 PC.

Having got them on a PC they should be safe. A PC media player like VLC should be able to select the alternate audio tracks. MediaInfo will tell you what is in the container.

The only problems I have is that I only listen to the programs, series and movies
    on V.O.

| Thu 7 Nov 2019 11:08:07 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Having problems replying so I have used a new post

If the recordings are in SD then a 5000T can save them in a playable format to a windows 10 PC.

Not sure if a 4000T can do same but as the 5000T firmware works on a 4000T I guess it will work'

Having got them on a PC they should be safe. A PC media player like VLC should be able to select the alternate audio tracks. MediaInfo will tell you what is in the container.

| Thu 7 Nov 2019 11:08:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.