My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Series recordings on BBC record twice

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SquareEyedWoman

I replaced my old Humax with a 1100S about 8 months ago. When I record a series on the BBC it sometimes records each episode twice - once for, say, the London region channel and the other for, say, Wales. Is this anything to do with the box itself or is it an error with whomever is sending the program codes to the EPG? I don't remember having this issue with the old box.

| Tue 21 May 2019 10:30:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's a codeing error by the BBC. It has been happening a lot lately but recently seems to have been fixed.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/current-bbc-recording-debacle

You can eliminate the problem by removing the other nation channel (Wales and Scotland).

Welcome to our forum.

| Tue 21 May 2019 11:16:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SquareEyedWoman

Thank-you for the information. I would rather not delete the regional channels as there is sometimes something on one or other of them that I'd like to watch, and it seems to be more random than just Scotland and Wales.

It sounds like they've given the job of setting up the codes to Will Humphries off W1A.

In a similar vein, I record radio plays off Radio 4 so I can listen while I am cooking etc. and the episode descriptions seem entirely random, so I can end up with 5 or 6 recordings called 'Episode 1', and the whole afternoon play collection gets given the name of one episode of a series. "Oh yeah no yeah cool totally yeah cool. No worries. Yeah, no, cool."

| Tue 21 May 2019 11:50:30 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The BBC still haven't fixed this issue. My box is currently recording Bargain Hunt in two seperate series folders. One is from BBC1-HD NI and the other from BBC1-HD England.

Seems that I will have to delete BBC1-HD NI as well as BBC1-HD Scotland. It's lucky that a recording from another transponder wasn't set at the same time.

| Wed 12 Jun 2019 12:30:55 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.