My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Short frequent AV glitches

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grumpster

Hi All,
    New Aura 2TB [09/01/24] was working fine for our needs until the morning of 05/02/24, when I noticed audio and video dropouts on a program recorded the previous day. These dropouts last between 0.5 seconds and 1.5 seconds, and occur about every 3-5 minutes. If I rewind the recording each time it drops, the dropout does not reoccur. As the playback continues, in 3-5 minutes, there will be another dropout. This happens on all recordings since about the start of Feb, but does NOT happen on earlier recordings !

Last night, the dropouts started happening to live TV as well.

As far as I am aware, neither my wife nor I have made any changes to the Aura since the original install, but I do recall that one evening about two weeks ago that the Aura "went off" to do it's own thing when I powered it up, much like an android mobile does when you do TOTO [turn off/turn on]. No change in behavior was detected at that time.

I've had a good scan through the forums and couldn't find anything, but I'm probably wrong.

Any help and advice would be VERY welcome

G

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 18:31:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

sickofthesea

Hi, I'm not going to be able to help you at all except to confirm exactly the same behaviour with our 2TB Aura, which also started behaving this way on the 5th Feb this year.

This is really strange as you've just brought yours but we've had ours since November 2021.

I've just powered off the box (at the wall) and done a rescan of the channels. Still the same. The unit has an aerial pass-through and I've watched the same channels directly on the TV and the AV glitches do not occur on the TV, just when watching through the Aura (HDMI1).

That TOTO behaviour your described is normal. Seems like every few days the box will do a full restart rather than just powering up from a standby mode.

Mines out of warranty but you've still got one. If you can find anything out through Humax that would be great as they won't speak to me as I have no warranty. If I find any solution I'll let you know.

I've come to dislike the Aura a lot and think I'll be first in the queue when the Manhattan T4-R is released soon. Bl**dy Humax.

Good luck.

M

| Thu 8 Feb 2024 20:20:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sickofthesea

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sickofthesea

Hey Grumpster, see the other post. It's not happening on the HD channels, at least for some of us, so try channel 103 for ITV.

Good luck

| Fri 9 Feb 2024 11:20:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Buffalo24

I have been having Drop Out on screen of my Humax Aura where I end up having a Blank Black Screen with has effected most channels under the ITV Remit such as ITV 1 / Channel 5 / Channel 4 etc. I have also found the this Drop Out was efffecting Playback of recorded programmes of the channels listed above.
    I have been in contact with Humax Technical Support and I have been informed that all Humax Aura Users in the UK are experiencing this problem, Humax Technical Support are incontact with ITV to try and rectify this problem.
    Humax Technical Support suggested using channels 103 / 104 / 105 etc which appear not to be effected.
    I have started using these channels and have not observed the Black Blank Screen, Humax Technical Support do not know how long it will take to rectify the problem.
    I have purchased a Humax Aura with numerous channels and should be able to view all available channels without interference.

| Fri 9 Feb 2024 11:31:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grumpster

Hi Sickofthesea,
    It does look likely that the other thread that you reference is the same problem, so thanks for spotting it and letting me know.

Hi Buffalo24, Thanks for the news from Humax Tech.

The issues I'm seeing are C4 live and [I think] all recordings from about 4/2/24. I don't think my BBC live TV is suffering, but I can't comment about BBC recordings yet. I haven't noticed any dropouts on ITV but that's probably because we tend not to watch ITV.

I haven't yet bothered with the HD channels, but I'll check them out tonight, so that should be a temp solution.

I think if Buffalo24 would be kind enough to post his news on the https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/occasional-2-second-black-screen-on-some-channels#post-100810 thread, this thread should hibinate while we wait and see what happens.

I never had these issues before digital came along and I'm not looking forward to the home phone going digital either

G

| Fri 9 Feb 2024 12:42:49 #6 |
  7. Norrette

Norrette

Also the same problem on channel 5 tonight. Beeb OK so far.

| Fri 9 Feb 2024 21:12:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

It is only happening to the channels on Multiplex PSB2, sadly not all of those have HD options.

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 13:34:27 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

Im Pontop Pike Durham PSB2 is on ch42 642.0hz .. I time each drop out at exactly 1 min 57 secs to the second

| Sat 10 Feb 2024 14:53:35 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.