My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Shortcut to favorite channels?

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Just to clarify why I cannot make do with the 'HDTV' list, I need a mix of SD and HD because I have no reception of COM 7&8 to give me BBC4 and BBC News in HD.

So far, it is still holding onto the favourites list despite switching to standby and back and deleting cookies to get the catchup EPG back. However, early days - we will see what happens tomorrow after the overnight housekeeping and auto-startup for 20 mins at 0700 (which is on a channel in my favourites).

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 15:52:10 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Stephenesque - 29 minutes ago  » 

SSThing - 48 minutes ago  » 
    I believe that A1944 is looking for a way of displaying the EPG for his favourite channels only, as opposed to the full EPG.

Yes, that's exactly what this does SSThing, each time I switch on my Humax the only channels ever displayed in my EPG are the 18 in my Favourites Group.

But as ever, the 'Humax way' is a convoluted way when it would make far more sense to have a dedicated 'Favourites' button on the remote, surely?
    I certainly don't want to restrict my channel choice by setting up a favourites list (even if it can be reinstated) but it would be nice to see, at a glance, the EPG for my favourite channels without having to scroll through the whole EPG nor press button after button just to achieve this.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 16:03:41 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

However, I do wonder whether a suitable macro could be programmed to a button on a universal remote such as a Harmony Elite or similar?

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 16:20:11 #13 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

SSThing - 30 minutes ago  » 

Stephenesque - 29 minutes ago  » 

SSThing - 48 minutes ago  » 
    I believe that A1944 is looking for a way of displaying the EPG for his favourite channels only, as opposed to the full EPG.

Yes, that's exactly what this does SSThing, each time I switch on my Humax the only channels ever displayed in my EPG are the 18 in my Favourites Group.

But as ever, the 'Humax way' is a convoluted way when it would make far more sense to have a dedicated 'Favourites' button on the remote, surely?
    I certainly don't want to restrict my channel choice by setting up a favourites list (even if it can be reinstated) but it would be nice to see, at a glance, the EPG for my favourite channels without having to scroll through the whole EPG nor press button after button just to achieve this.

Yes, I suppose it would be easier with a dedicated 'Favourites' button, but the way it is now, works for me, as I never browse the EPG.
    Even my 'full' TV list is restricted, as, after every retune, I delete dozens of channels that I will never watch (sales, jewels, religion, sex etc.) and I am happy with an even more pared down favourites list when I am using my TV Choice magazine to set up recordings for the week.
    And on those rare occasions when I find something I want to record on a channel that isn't in my favourites list, I find it easier to use the A-Z search function to find it.

I do use a One For all universal remote, programmed from the Humax remote, but I've no idea what a 'suitable macro' is

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 16:46:37 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

A macro is a set of instructions transmitted by a single press of a button.
    So, instead of the routine of guide/+/change group/ok/favourites, one could programme this sequence to a particular button on the remote and it would do it all in one press.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 16:56:40 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I have stopped and started the box several times since following the sequence detailed by Stephenesque and, so far, it is still showing the favourites list when I press "Guide", as I was hoping for. Looks like I must have done something very slightly different when I tried it before.

So thanks Stephenesque. I just hope it keeps going like that.

| Mon 11 Mar 2019 15:23:17 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The ridiculous solution looks more like an accidental "feature" rather than something actually designed. If so then it may well not persist thru software updates. Then again this is a Humax box.

| Mon 11 Mar 2019 18:16:50 #17 |
  8. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

A1944 - 21 hours ago  » 
    I have stopped and started the box several times since following the sequence detailed by Stephenesque and, so far, it is still showing the favourites list when I press "Guide", as I was hoping for. Looks like I must have done something very slightly different when I tried it before.
    So thanks Stephenesque. I just hope it keeps going like that.

Pollensa1946 - 18 hours ago  » 
    The ridiculous solution looks more like an accidental "feature" rather than something actually designed. If so then it may well not persist thru software updates. Then again this is a Humax box.

It's been working for me through every software update, even the one changing my 4000T software to the 5000T, for over three years.
    Barry originally posted this procedure to make favourites stick in August 2015.

The only time it fails, and I have to re-input my favourites, is when I do a full, manual retune, which is only to be expected.

| Tue 12 Mar 2019 13:09:25 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

unclebob

Hi Guys, just got a new set as HDR FOX T2 blew up. I found this negative feature (having to select change group every time, so got onto Chatline with humax. shame they don't know about the workaround! But thanks SOOOOOO much for the tip, it's brilliant, Stepanesque!!!

Next problem was trying to move channels on the favourites list. could select multiples, but could only move one at a time. also not what i want, and Humax can't do anything about it

| Tue 6 Aug 2019 14:09:53 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.