My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Signal problems

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gazzasbeer

Hi

I hope someone can help me, my box suddenly lost it's signal! All I have is a blank screen with the message no signal or weak signal. I have the HDMI cable running from the box to the back of the tv I have unplugged both the HDMI and arial cables but no joy also switched the box on and off again still no joy . I have tried with my other Humax box, using the same HDMIconnections/tuners, and Every thing is perfect? Also I cannot get into settings to try and reset. I have switched to digital on my tv and there is no problems with getting a signal at all.

Any ideas would be helpfull?

Thanks

| Tue 21 Feb 2017 20:56:49 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The first thing to establish is what is displaying the Weak or no signal message. Is it the TV or the Humax satellite unit?

What model is your other Humax unit?

When you refer to getting a digital signal on your TV is that from a terrestrial source or does it also have a satellite connection?

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 9:19:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gazzasbeer

It's all working fine again now, thank you. Never did anything to it, it just rectified itself??? It was displaying weak or no signal when connected to my tv and the Humax I tested it with was a hb-1000s, which worked fine. I reckon the dish somehow got misaligned then sorted itself out again. God knows how. Thanks for your help anyway.

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 16:24:47 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Poorly fitted F-connector is likely issue. The inner and outer cores MUST make an electrical circuit to control the LNB.

When you lose it again refit them.

| Wed 22 Feb 2017 17:20:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejh1915

I have Freesat HDR 1000s/1010s with the same problem. On Monday 13/3/2017I got the no signal message on BBC1,BBC News Channel, Film4 and sundry other channels. However all other channels seemed to be fine including BBC1 HD. Later in the evening it fixed itself. Box diagnostics said signal strength was OK. Tuesday night was ok though occasionally picture pixilated. So far today it is OK. But losing confidence that it will be able to record as programmed.

| Wed 15 Mar 2017 15:59:18 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bear in mind diagnostics only gives you the reception figures for the channel you are currently watching.

Ideally you should tune to one channel on each transponder and check signal strength and quality. You can download a table of Freesat channels by transponder in .htm (view in web browswer) or Excel .xls (View in Excel or compatible) using the manual options from the links in this thread.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Hopefully that will give some clues as to what the issue might be.

Most likely reasons

Dish moved off optimum alignment
    LNB on the way out
    Water got into the coax cables and also corroding the lnb connections (This tends to affect specific transponders and get progressively worse)

| Wed 15 Mar 2017 19:18:47 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.