My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Sky Q pricing

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

From advancedtelevision.com:

Sky Q, which the broadcaster describes as the next generation of TV, will go on sale in February with Sky’s lowest ever set-up cost for a brand new premium product launch. Set-up costs for Sky Q will be from just £99 (€130). The typical monthly cost for existing Sky+ customers will be around £12 extra compared with their current Sky+ package. For new customers joining Sky, the ongoing monthly cost for Sky Q will start from just £42

Sky Q will be available to buy from Tuesday 9 February, with home installations beginning at the end of the month.

As a premium product, Sky Q comes with an entirely new level of customer service. For the first time ever, Sky Q customers will receive servicing and mechanical fault repairs at no extra cost. In addition, customers will have access to a dedicated premium service centre based in the UK. And everyone taking Sky Q – whether an existing Sky customer or new to Sky – will get a full professional installation as part of the set-up cost, to ensure they fully benefit from all the great features of Sky Q and Fluid Viewing.
    [..]

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 15:18:45 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 5 minutes ago  » 
    From advancedtelevision.com:

Sky Q, which the broadcaster describes as the next generation of TV, will go on sale in February with Sky’s lowest ever set-up cost for a brand new premium product launch. Set-up costs for Sky Q will be from just £99 (€130). The typical monthly cost for existing Sky+ customers will be around £12 extra compared with their current Sky+ package. For new customers joining Sky, the ongoing monthly cost for Sky Q will start from just £42
    Sky Q will be available to buy from Tuesday 9 February, with home installations beginning at the end of the month.
    As a premium product, Sky Q comes with an entirely new level of customer service. For the first time ever, Sky Q customers will receive servicing and mechanical fault repairs at no extra cost. In addition, customers will have access to a dedicated premium service centre based in the UK. And everyone taking Sky Q – whether an existing Sky customer or new to Sky – will get a full professional installation as part of the set-up cost, to ensure they fully benefit from all the great features of Sky Q and Fluid Viewing.
    [..]

They must have sacked 99% of their existing installers

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 15:25:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Could be. The CAI said recently (19 Jan):

As yet the CAI has not received any official statement from the Sky Chief Executive or anyone assigned to the marketing of Sky TV regarding how Sky Q is to be sold or installed - or more importantly how anyone on a shared dish system would be able to raise their level of subscription to take Sky Q.

http://cai.org.uk/information/cai-news/892-sky-q-what-we-know-so-far

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 15:35:03 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 5 minutes ago  » 

Could be. The CAI said recently (19 Jan):

As yet the CAI has not received any official statement from the Sky Chief Executive or anyone assigned to the marketing of Sky TV regarding how Sky Q is to be sold or installed - or more importantly how anyone on a shared dish system would be able to raise their level of subscription to take Sky Q.

http://cai.org.uk/information/cai-news/892-sky-q-what-we-know-so-far

There is information on communal installs, Sky are already fitting the extra kit for free. No lnb change is required where a quattro lnb multiswitch installation is present. Extra kit provides the wideband two conductor connection required. What isn't clear is compatibility with existing kit, a new dscr system is supposed to maintain existing kit but at a guess it will need scr capability which would leave out most freesat kit. The download IF is in the UHF band so would seem to leave Freeview out in the cold. Completely different to the man in a van who turns up to fit a Sky dish by numbers , who wouldn't have a clue about what a quattro lnb does.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 15:46:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

From the above link..."You can download recordings onto devices for viewing elsewhere – supposedly the number one request from viewers polled on the subject. Rights issues will hamper this one – but it’s a cool bragging point."

No surprises there.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 16:00:44 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    From the above link..."You can download recordings onto devices for viewing elsewhere – supposedly the number one request from viewers polled on the subject. Rights issues will hamper this one – but it’s a cool bragging point."
    No surprises there.

Bet they aren't in HD. That's a capability Humax pvrs have had for years.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 16:05:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 18 minutes ago  » ...

On my HDR1000s/HB setup I would settle for SD vs no capability at all at the moment.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 16:25:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Sorry, I would have replied earlier but I have been breathing into a brown paper bag Only £504 a year and that's the starting from price. What about multi-room and all the other add-ons?

Just writing down the amounts has started my nose bleeding again. This is serious money for what after all is just 'telly'.

I genuinely think prices have passed me buy as I get older - I was thinking more along the lines of a couple of florins.

I'm oot!

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 16:33:04 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 

On my HDR1000s/HB setup I would settle for SD vs no capability at all at the moment.

Presumably you knew that when you bought it. All the Freeview+ boxes from the 9200 on and the Foxsat-hdr can export SD.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 19:24:43 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 

Presumably you knew that when you bought it. All the Freeview+ boxes from the 9200 on and the Foxsat-hdr can export SD.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 19:26:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.