My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Slow motion.

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Hi, is it still the case that there's no slow motion playback feature on this machine yet? I know it's not something that everyone would use, but occasionally, I do. I guess my wish list would include multiple speeds 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 both backwards and forwards with the ability to freeze during slow-mo playback and all to be smooth and not jerky. Any chance this is possibly coming?

| Mon 10 Oct 2016 16:48:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi crashcris,

Yes it was a good feature, it seems no HD boxes got it now, I don't know why they left out, as it now takes ages to try and stop it on the right scene.
    Not heard of it coming back yet but if I do I will let you know.

| Mon 10 Oct 2016 21:17:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Thanks Bill. My 2 other HD boxes (icecrypt and tvonics) both have slo-mo, but they're getting old now and a little less reliable, it's getting time to buy a new one but it seems Humax have the monopoly now but have not done a great job on this flagship model. I've been waiting a year since I first read about it waiting for them to fix the many issues others have had with it, so far they seem to have improved it by a negligible degree which is so bizarre, considering so much could be fixed by a few tweaks in the software.

| Mon 10 Oct 2016 21:31:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi crashcris,

I have got The Humax 2000T the Humax 4000T and also we have got a BT T2100 Youview box which is also made by Humax but runs on BT software don't have slow motion on.

Before I got Humax products, I had a couple of Sagemcom PVR's they were not HD but they had sl-mo on. Because they were getting old and I wanted HD, so I bought on Amazon an almost new Sagemcom HD version, But it was not as good that did not have sl- mo on ether plus it plays up a bit and don't always record programme information, so I keep it as a spear now.
    So now I have gone to Humax it is a better more reliable make even though their software is a bit behind times.

I don't know what other HD makes of PVR like, example Bush as I have not tried them. I know the older bush one was very hit and miss with people, but saying that we did have a Bush Top Up TV box and that was quite good compared to their Thompson boxes, which were rubbish.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 13:32:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

bill63 - 19 hours ago  » ...I don't know why they left out, as it now takes ages to try and stop it on the right scene...

On the 1000S my understanding is that the Broadcom chipset does not support it. So if the other boxes use that same chipset or similar then since it's hardware related there is no chance on the current generation of products.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 17:11:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Pollensa1946.

Maybe then Humax thought it was not important or its cost cutting measure, I may send Humax support an email and see what they say, and if they get back to me I let you know.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 20:47:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

I'd love to know anything you can find out about it Bill63. Do you know if there's a link to a wish list at Humax (somewhere we can specify how the machine could be improved) I know there are lots of different threads, but one with customer suggestions could be helpful, seeing as the developers don't really have much of a clue as to how we, the users, utilise our PVRs.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 21:30:44 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi crashcris,

I have not seen a wish list, But I have just emailed them to try and find out why this feature was left out, but weather they will get back to me I don't know.
    Still if I have not heard from the in a couple of days I will just send them another.
    But if what Pollensa1946 says then slow motion / frame by frame advance might be out with these modals now .
    But hopefully the next modal they bring out will have it on, keep you posted as soon as I know.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 21:45:20 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Keep in mind that while Humax own the hardware the software is sourced elsewhere. For the Freesat boxes (1000/1010/1100) Freesat have responsibility, and the Freeview (4000T) it's the Digital TV Consortium (as I think they are officially known). About 3 years ago JoinFreesat.co.uk put together a list of user requests based on posts to their site. The site admin claimed to have an inside line to top management in Freesat and he was confident of being listened to. Ho hum, nothing came of it and I can't recall a single instance of user suggested improvements being implemented on any Freesat box. So I would be much surprised if a current wishlist existed, and if one were created, by for example this site, the chances of success are slim. Good luck and don't hold your breath.

| Tue 11 Oct 2016 21:51:10 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Thanks guys... I got all excited just thinking about the possibility of the 'next model', considering the short comings of the 4000t but then almost instantly thought about what new problems and omissions will be launched next time round. Humax have seriously dented their reputation with this box (certainly if the complaints on this forum and the Amazon star ratings are to be believed). I've been gearing myself up to spending £225 on it only to recently find the people are complaining that the latest update is causing machines to keep rebooting at seemingly random times.

I'm a bit of a technophobe when it comes to understanding computer systems, chips, software licences, software development etc, I just expect (silly me) that you should be able to press a button and things should work the way you'd want them to in the most seamless manner, oh yes, and that each new product should be an improvement on the last. My old Humax 9300t still works well, the picture's not as great as my other machines but its functionality is perfect and it's 8 years old! If only it had HD and a larger capacity.

I don't suppose there are any (reliable) mumblings about the next model and when it might be released, are there?

All the best. Cris.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 12:01:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.