My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

So many missed recordings, going on eBay

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

scotorca

-gonzo- - 2 hours ago  » 
    Same here, no failed recordings. The box has been a pleasure to use recently.
    Sounds to me that a factory default hasn't been done since the last update.

I (and no doubt many others) had no idea that you have to do this. When was the last update, and what difference will it make to my box?

| Thu 11 Apr 2013 22:25:44 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

scotorca - 19 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 2 hours ago  » 
    Same here, no failed recordings. The box has been a pleasure to use recently.
    Sounds to me that a factory default hasn't been done since the last update.

I (and no doubt many others) had no idea that you have to do this. When was the last update, and what difference will it make to my box?

The last automatic update fixed a failed recording issue related to the first recording of the day. You should have received it seamlessly.

If you always booted the box before this was due it would not have affected you.

If you search the forum it was a while ago.

To find out what software you have press settings and system info. The software version should say 1.0.37.

The juries out on whether a reset to defaults is required, as you have issues it's the obvious first action.

There is a later update (1.0.40) which you can only install by download and then from USB, as this fixes only catch up services bugs, and have no effect on recording, there is no need to worry about these.

Namely

1 Accessing catch up by a wifi adaptor

1 A bug that prevented setting up internet access by manually inputting the required details.

| Thu 11 Apr 2013 23:02:56 #12 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

grahamlthompson - 59 minutes ago  » 

There is a later update (1.0.40) which you can only install by download and then from USB, as this fixes only catch up services bugs, and have no effect on recording, there is no need to worry about these.
    Namely
    1 A bug that prevented setting up internet access by manually inputting the required details.

Where do you download that from?

| Fri 12 Apr 2013 0:09:14 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 9 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Namely

Where do you download that from?

My mistake, knickers in a twist. Can't find any reference.

| Fri 12 Apr 2013 10:09:15 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.