My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Software update of freeview box

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

Hello...I hope someone can help please.

Last week my freeview box lost the index of stored programmes, I presume it was due to update, automatically, overnight.

There is no other reason that springs to mind.

The hard drive space is still being taken up, but ALL the programmes in the list have disappeared.

Is there any way I can rescue this list, or will I have to format the drive and free the hard disk space accepting it is lost ?

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 18:19:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum. Make and mode of the box would help

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 18:23:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Ne5 - 56 minutes ago  » 
    The hard drive space is still being taken up, but ALL the programmes in the list have disappeared.
    Is there any way I can rescue this list, or will I have to format the drive and free the hard disk space accepting it is lost ?

As Graham says start by telling us which box you have. Judging by the symptoms I would guess that it is either a 9200T, 9150T or 9300T. If it is one of these then it is possible to retrieve the recordings providing you are determined enough. There is a thread about a similar problem at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/recording-list-blank-help

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 19:24:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

it's a PVR 9150T

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 19:31:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Ne5 - 15 hours ago  » 
    it's a PVR 9150T

So your options are to format the drive and lose the existing recordings or to open the Humax and connect the hard drive to a PC and use humaxrw in recovery mode to extract the recordings.

| Thu 28 Feb 2019 11:01:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

Thanks. Its my girlfriends actually so after it did it again for the 2nd time I disabled automatic software updates, and formatted it as it was about 80% full most of which had been on it for ages that would never be watched now.

So its just happened again. This is the 3rd time but this time it didnt delete the recorded index only the programme lists which are now restored the same as a reboot does.

We use scart leads not HDMI I dont see what difference that would make but I've also just disabled TV software updates too in case this is triggering something, as the screen flashes with a message saying something like loading loader version...(very fast then quickly disappears).

| Fri 8 Mar 2019 16:12:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Ne5 - 40 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks. Its my girlfriends actually so after it did it again for the 2nd time I disabled automatic software updates, and formatted it as it was about 80% full most of which had been on it for ages that would never be watched now.

If it happens again in the near future then it is likely the hard drive is at the end of its life (used up its spare sectors) and then the options are to replace the hard drive or buy a new box.

So its just happened again. This is the 3rd time but this time it didnt delete the recorded index only the programme lists which are now restored the same as a reboot does.

Not sure what you mean by programme lists? Do you mean there were no programmes in the guide or do you mean the list of future scheduled recordings was lost or something else?

We use scart leads not HDMI I dont see what difference that would make but I've also just disabled TV software updates too in case this is triggering something, as the screen flashes with a message saying something like loading loader version...(very fast then quickly disappears).

There are no OTA updates for the 9300T so it won't do any harm and will stop the box booting up in the early hours to check.

| Fri 8 Mar 2019 16:59:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ne5

By programme listings I just mean the programme menu for the next few days or week or whatever.

Ive told her the recorder may unfortunately be on its last legs for exactly the reason you describe. So does anybody have any recommendations or advice.

| Sat 9 Mar 2019 0:41:54 #8 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

So does anybody have any recommendations or advice.

Read the previous post to yours, second paragraph.
    Or did you mean something else?

| Sat 9 Mar 2019 8:24:09 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Ne5 - 10 hours ago  » 
    By programme listings I just mean the programme menu for the next few days or week or whatever.

On a 9150T a copy of the programme guide (what I think you describe as the programme menu) at shutdown is stored on the hard drive and used to initially populate the guide when the box restarts; it is then gradually refreshed from the broadcast data. In the case where the hard drive is formatted then this stored copy of the guide is deleted so the guide will initially be blank and should then repopulate over a few minutes; exactly how fast will depend on which channels the box happens to be tuned to. So if after the format, the guide was initially blank and the gradually returned this is completely normal.

| Sat 9 Mar 2019 11:45:58 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.