My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Some remote buttons work, some don't ..

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JerryW

Hi .. had an 1100s for a few years now, it has worked well but now a few of the remote buttons have stopped working, or only work very occasionally: recordings, fast forward/reverse .. I think it is probably mechanical since the stop and go buttons still work OK as well as all the buttons lower down the remote
    - is it worth trying to dismantle the remote and fiddle with it?
    - if I buy a new remote will it automatically work with the existing box?
    Thx for any assistance

| Fri 1 May 2020 19:53:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There are various posts on here that detail how to open Humax remotes and clean them. A google search should find them if you include the model of the remote you have.

The next question is hard to answer Humax remotes have the capability to use up to 6 boxes in the same room using code sets 1-6.

If you have changed the code set used by your remote to other than 1, a 3rd party replacement is likely to only work with Humax boxes set to use code set 1.

A genuine Humax remote replacement should work with any box you specify the model you are using.

| Fri 1 May 2020 20:01:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JerryW

Thank you .. I did change the code to 2 but I can easily change it back .. can't find anything on the remote to say what model it is but I will have a poke around

| Fri 1 May 2020 20:07:35 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JerryW - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you .. I did change the code to 2 but I can easily change it back .. can't find anything on the remote to say what model it is but I will have a poke around

Why did you change it from 1. Is it because you have another box and remote set to other than 1 ? Look in the battery compartment for the model. If so if you buy a cheaper non genuine Humax remote you run the risk of the the two remote both controlling the same box

| Fri 1 May 2020 21:37:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JerryW

Why change the code? Just fiddling.. will put it back on 1. I found out how to dismantle it but I am a bit reluctant while I only have the one .. ordered a cheap replacement off Ebay, and if that works then I can try repairing the other one.
    As for the model no., I am assuming RM-I08U but can't find anything anywhere to prove it.

| Fri 1 May 2020 22:04:51 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.