My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Sound but not vision (Aura)

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Culler

Hi
    I just got my Aura today. Set it up and checked out some new apps. I installed Notifications for Android TV. As soon as I installed it, the screen went totally black although the sound still remained. I've tried pressing every button on the remote with no change. HELP!!! (Please!)

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 18:59:54 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Culler - 1 min ago  » 
    Hi
    I just got my Aura today. Set it up and checked out some new apps. I installed Notifications for Android TV. As soon as I installed it, the screen went totally black although the sound still remained. I've tried pressing every button on the remote with no change. HELP!!! (Please!)

Try pulling the power plug out of the back. Leave the TV selected. Plug the power back in. This should restart android. What spec TV is it connected to ?

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 19:03:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Culler

The TV is a Samsung RU7100 4k.
    When I remove the power for a few seconds, the box starts up, goes through Android startup, briefly goes to the channel it was on before going black again.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 19:37:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Culler - 35 mins ago  » 
    The TV is a Samsung RU7100 4k.
    When I remove the power for a few seconds, the box starts up, goes through Android startup, briefly goes to the channel it was on before going black again.

This is going to be tricky.

Assuming you have windows. Can you see the box in windows explorer network options. If so right click and properties should give you it's IP address on your network.

Without video struggling to know how to reset the box to factory defaults.

Perhaps leave the power off for say 10 mins. It may be retaining stored power in the capacitors in the unit. If you see the Humax flash screen on restoring power it's a good sign.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 20:20:52 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Culler, welcome to our Forum

Please check your Private Messages (PM's)

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 20:56:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Culler

All sorted. Thanks to all. Btw, is there a list of 'safe' or 'unsafe' apps for the Aura?

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 13:21:46 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.