My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Spotify app - intentionally keeping playing?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I like being able to use the Spotify app on the box, but switching back to live TV etc results in the music continuing to play from Spotify needing me to go into the app and exit it properly to stop the music (or press stop, obviously!)

Is this intentional do you think? If so, being able to mute the TV broadcast whilst listening to Spotify would make sense (e.g. to watch something a bit less exciting like snooker for example). If unintentional, I suppose it's a bug!

I presume it's not just me finding this?

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 8:41:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Also happens on my phone when bluetoothing spotify to car Entertainment system. Phone is a android device so guess it's normal.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 13:03:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

That use case makes sense, but it feels like the Spotify app on the Humax / Android TV box works differently to other sound based apps. I *think* for example BBC sounds does stop when live TV is selected. And on an Android TV it doesn't really make sense to have two apps simultaneously outputting sound without the ability to allow both apps to have independent volume control.

I wonder if the same thing happens on all Android TVs?

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 13:50:13 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Using my phone If I just close the spotify app it continues to run in the background. If I then fire up BBC Sounds you can hear both.

Not tried spotify on the Aura it's more convenient to just use my phone.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 14:03:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

You could try this.

In the Android settings page, scroll down to the "about" option. Press OK 5 times and it should give you a pop-up saying that you are now a developer or that developer options are now available (or something like that). You may need to reboot your Humax. Then go to settings again and at the bottom should be "developer options". In there should be an "applications" section and in there the option "do not keep activities" (or similar). Try turning this ON. This will stop any app you are using from running when you leave it, however, this may also stop other necessary apps from running in the background too. It won't hurt to try it though.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 14:41:00 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I'm actually not that bothered about "stopping" it, I was more wondering whether it was a "by design" thing. But useful to know about the developer mode trick!

I like the spotify app on the TV though - with the TV plugged into a small soundbar anyway, being able to have music playing which i can select using the TV remote rather than having to cast from my phone is quite a useable feature which I can see me using a little more than I do currently with spotify on the phone and a chromecast.

| Tue 24 Nov 2020 15:10:09 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.