My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Stereo/Multistream switching causing problems

(14 posts)
  1. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

telltuff - 23 hours ago  » 

Paul Bton - 2 days ago  » 
    I have just watched while my Aura with attenuation set to 86% moved from a programme broadcast on BBC1 HD with PCM 5.1 (WPC56) to the next programme in PCM stereo with no freeze of picture. Until the software fix comes through this may be a solution. What have others found?

I am still seeing the problem with an attenuator fitted.
    As I mentioned in previous post I have two Auras one connected directly via HDMI to a TV with the Aura audio output set to TV (internal speakers)and the other is connected via HDMI to a multichannel receiver and then via HDMI to a TV with the Aura audio output set to Home Cinema via HDMI [Aura-Audio Equipment-TV] (up to 7.1ch).
    The Aura connected directly to the TV now has an attenuator fitted giving a signal strength on C21 (Rowridge HD channels) of 86% and 100% quality. The Aura connected via the multichannel receiver shows 100% for strength and quality on C21.
    Last night I recorded The Watch on BBC2 HD (guessed it would be broadcast in multichannel) on both Auras. At the start of the recorded programme there is a brief intro in stereo before it switches to multichannel. Playback on both machines will freeze (but not always) when the audio swiches from stereo to multichannel.
    I was a bit sceptical about the signal strengh argument having seen the problem on recordings with no detectable corruption of video or audio but didn't want to dismiss it out of hand.

Have you read the "brief pixilation' sub forum? It seems Humax are looking into a problem with the "demodulator chip' in the Aura and it's firmware (which is a different 'successor' to 4/5000T). So could that be at the root of these signal problems? Could it also be at the root of the freezing problems related to PCM sound 5.1 switching to stereo?

Incidentally I got no freeze coming out of or going into 'The Watch'. But I am using the 'magic' attenuator.

| Sat 14 Aug 2021 16:47:08 #11 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

3. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

On the 26/8/21 happened to spot on one of my Auras that an app updated had taken place. Didn't notice the update happen on my other Aura but both of my Auras now show on the information page that the Application version is 1.01_96_210805_1a8aeb6 (prior to 26/8/21 Application version was 1.01_90_210617_a9f0ae58c). Since the update have not seen picture freezing problems when the audio stream changes from stereo to multichannel on either my attenuated or unattenuated Aura. This is when playing back recordings that exhibited this problem made before the app update and recordings made since the app update (Vigil on BBC1HD being the only thing with multichannel audio Iv'e recorded since the app update).

Also since the app update I have not noticed the issue mentioned in post #1 where the Aura appears to have gone into deep standby even though it is setup to never go into deep standby. On past performance I would have expected this to happen at least once since the app update

| Wed 1 Sep 2021 15:13:16 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

telltuff

telltuff - 19 hours ago  » Also since the app update I have not noticed the issue mentioned in post #1 where the Aura appears to have gone into deep standby even though it is setup to never go into deep standby. On past performance I would have expected this to happen at least once since the app update

Spoke to soon regarding the issue of going into deep standby it did it again this morning. The Aura is set up to never use deep standby but when I started it this morning it came up with the Humax logo and Android start up sequence as if it had been in deep standby.

| Thu 2 Sep 2021 10:36:40 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.