My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Strange chase play whilst recording issue

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I was recording Marcella tonight and started watching it after about 10 mins of it being paused. But I could not fast forward during the ad breaks. The display always stated I was 7 minutes into the program and the progress bar was as far to the right as it could go. The only way I could fast forward was to push up on the remote above the ok button and then jump through the scenes until it reached the point I wanted. I was still watching the program behind the real time once the recording finished but I still could not FF without using scenes function. I stopped watching the program and started it again and this resolved the problem.
    Trying to replicate but working correctly for a fresh recording.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 23:35:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

Look at my post regarding fast forward. It looks as though we have the same problem which I first noticed when trying to ff on Marcella. I have reduced ff from 240 secs to 120 to see if that works with two presses of right arrow.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 9:25:28 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just tried playback of Marcella Episode 1. Ad skipping is working fine for me.

How long after the recording started are you starting chasing playback ?

I will try the next recording 10 mins or so after the recording started.

That would be Home and Away Channel 5-HD in about 2 hrs.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 12:04:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

grahamlthompson - 6 mins ago  » 
    Just tried playback of Marcella Episode 1. Ad skipping is working fine for me.
    How long after the recording started are you starting chasing playback ?
    I will try the next recording 10 mins or so after the recording started.
    That would be Home and Away Channel 5-HD in about 2 hrs.

Don’t recall exactly but I think it could have been anywhere between 10-20 mins.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 12:11:59 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Having issues with Channel 5-HD. Programme is recording but I can't play it back.

Neighbours is up next I will try that.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 13:40:33 #5 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

grahamlthompson - 38 mins ago  » 
    Having issues with Channel 5-HD. Programme is recording but I can't play it back.

Chase play is working okay for me, just tried Home and Away, which is currently recording on 5HD, and was able to skip forward as usual.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 14:20:53 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

brian - 10 mins ago  » 

Chase play is working okay for me, just tried Home and Away, which is currently recording on 5HD, and was able to skip forward as usual.

Not able to playback until recording completed. Now it has can playback and skip ads.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 14:32:14 #7 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

grahamlthompson - 21 mins ago  » 

brian - 10 mins ago  » 

Not able to playback until recording completed. Now it has can playback and skip ads.

Neighbours is currently recording, and available to chase play with full skip forward/back functionality.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 14:55:36 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Having had a play it works a little differently to the earlier boxes. If you pause shortly after the programmme starts. and keep skipping forward till not enough time left in the actual recording it jumps to where it can and stops there. The red line to the left shrinks as the actual recording position shown at the right hand end. Skipping back will take you all the way back to 00:00.

The earlier boxes simply ignored the skip when too close to the end.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 15:07:51 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

After the CH5-Recording the neighbours recording I was trying to chase play, I realised that the same programme was recording twice (left with 2 copies of the same content). I reckon the odd behaviour was down to this. Tonights ITV-HD recordings are working fine in chasing playback.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 20:26:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.