Strange Display Problem « My Humax Forum

My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Strange Display Problem

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jazza

Hi. I have a Humax 9150T PVR which has been working quite happily with an old CRT TV. That TV has now stopped working and has been replaced with a 26" Sony Bravia. The problem I have now is if I watch programmes through the PVR the picture keeps jumping - not freezing or pixallating but as if it's expanding and shrinking back. If I have the aspect ratio set to 16:9 to match the TV it does this jumping horizontally, but if I change it to say 14:9 it jumps vertically. I have tried all the different aspect ratio combinations I can think of on the TV and PVR to no avail. If I record something and play it back the picture is fine and if I watch programmes through the TV the picture is fine. Does anybody have any idea what the problem is? Thank you.

Mon 23 Sep 2013 13:08:07 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

Forum Owner

1. Ensure scart cable is definitely in the TV socket on the 9150 (uppermost socket)

2. Ensure both ends of the scart cable are pushed fully home.

Mon 23 Sep 2013 13:50:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jazza

Hi Barry - thank you for your suggestion. I know the scart cable is in the 9150's TV socket but I will check when I get home that both ends are pushed in properly. I have tried changing the scart lead a couple of times in case a faulty lead was causing the problem so it is possible I haven't pushed it back in properly. I hope this is the solution as it's been driving me mad not being able to watch programmes through the PVR!

Mon 23 Sep 2013 13:59:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jazza

Hi. I have checked the scart cable is fully pushed in at both
    ends but unfortunately the picture is still jumping.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Tue 24 Sep 2013 9:42:27 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.