My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Struggling to get HD channels

(9 posts)
  1. andywhitham

andywhitham

Hi, we have just bought a second hand HD Fox T2, and I have plugged it in, and I can get the normal Freeview channels to view, but no HD channels appear on my channel lists. Ive automatically retuned a few times now but no differnece. When I go to manual tune option it just tells me to manually tune analogue channels?
    Quite a few of the remote cuttons dont appear to do anything when pressed ie; Guide, back + more.
    Im sure Ive not done something which I should have as I can get the normal Freeview channels + radio channels but not one HD channel shows up. I have connected the tv ( Philips LCD HD ready 37" )with a HDMI cable, and am sure all the other connections are fitted correctly. I know the humax works as I saw it working before I bought it.
    Any help would be appreciated. Also, remember I am a total novice when it comes to hd television and hd set top boxes...lol
    thanks ~ andy

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 19:16:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I would try a manual tune see Manual tune FAQ

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 20:51:42 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Would appear to me that you are not selecting the correct input on the TV to view the Humax, you need to select via the TV remote the HDMI input the unit is connected to.

If you know the TV model number then post it in reply, someone may then be able to guide you in more detail.

I do not have any Philips products, so would guess that there is a button on the TV remote marked source?

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 21:50:36 #3 |
  4. andywhitham

andywhitham

Thanks barry... My tv is a Philips 37" lcd model Model 37PFL5603D.
    I think Ive tried highlighting and selecting the hdmi slot on a list through the tv remote. But once again nothing happens

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 21:58:14 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The reason I asked you to double check that is because in oiginal post you mentioned analogue channels, this has got to be a TV menu item as Humax unit does not have an analogue tuner.

So if you are definite that you are selecting the correct input on the TV, then try pressing PVR button then Menu on Humax remote, if still no picture displayed, try pressing V-Format button on Humax remote.

If still unsuccessful, I would try connecting via scart and see if you can get a picture, just to prove all is well with HD T2

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:17:31 #5 |
  6. andywhitham

andywhitham

Hi barry, yes Ive double checked the tv menu/installation/connections are on the list I have definately got the hdmi1 selectd, which is what I have the hdmi cable plugged into on the bck of the set.
    Okay, I tried pressing the PVR button, then menu and nothing on the tv screen changed but the led/digital readout on the front of the humax box changed to the word 'menu', now it wont go off and the remote is rendered unusable, so I will switch everything off and try switching it back on again

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:32:59 #6 |
  7. andywhitham

andywhitham

well...I dont know what Ive done but now I AM getting the humax menu, but on the tv screen all Im seeing is the message " the receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak "

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:39:40 #7 |
  8. andywhitham

andywhitham

Thanks to all who are helping me with this.I think I may have it now....Im a definate newby here....lol

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 22:55:40 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

How are you trying to select a HD channel?

eg if via guide and the programme has already broadcast then you will get no entry sign.

What happens if you try using the numeric buttons?

Do not worry about being a newbie, we have all had to learn, and we welcome posts from newbies and experts alike

A bit remiss of me, I should have welcomed you to our Forum in my first response to you

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 23:02:09 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.