My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

sub-titles out of sync

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobjury

Thanks Martin. I've just ordered a 64GB from eBay, delivered free one day this week. Here's hoping...

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 10:15:51 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

bobjury - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Martin. I've just ordered a 64GB from eBay, delivered free one day this week. Here's hoping...

If you have purchased from eBay then do check that the advertised storage is accurate as there have been well documented instances of these being bogus.

I have copied lots of material from my 2000T to a USB thumb drive. However, you won't be able to put them onto your new machine but just play them from the storage drive.

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 10:38:40 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Faust - 32 minutes ago  » 
    I have copied lots of material from my 2000T to a USB thumb drive. However, you won't be able to put them onto your new machine but just play them from the storage drive.

Why wouldn't you be able to put SD content onto the new machine?

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 11:12:05 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 hours ago  » 

I can't see any way to load it onto the internal HDD for keeping permanently. It can play the material from the USB stick but that's it.

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 13:47:19 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

I can't see any way to load it onto the internal HDD for keeping permanently. It can play the material from the USB stick but that's it.

Highlight the programme(s) on the usb drive, press opt+ for options including Move/Copy

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 15:02:47 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 56 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

Highlight the programme(s) on the usb drive, press opt+ for options including Move/Copy

I did that in order to copy them in the first place Barry. However, whether something has changed in the copying process I'm not sure. Whatever the reason they wouldn't copy back the other way.

Mind you I copied them to create more room on the HDD so I don't really want to return them in any event.

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 16:02:13 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    I did that in order to copy them in the first place Barry. However, whether something has changed in the copying process I'm not sure. Whatever the reason they wouldn't copy back the other way.

Just to make sure, I have copied a short recording to USB storage, copied it back to a different location on the HDR-2000T and played it from the new location. So it is very definitely possible.

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 17:05:42 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin Liddle - 50 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

Just to make sure, I have copied a short recording to USB storage, copied it back to a different location on the HDR-2000T and played it from the new location. So it is very definitely possible.

Snap

Did the same before #15 just to make sure nothing had changed as I only use a HDR 2000T as a test unit, not for normal recording/viewing.

| Mon 28 Mar 2016 17:58:08 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobjury

I started this thread because I needed to know how to copy/move all my recordings from my 2000T onto a new machine - any make will do but it will probably be another 2000T.
    After the very helpful suggestions you've all provided, I think I'm in the position where I will be able to copy everything onto quite a few very large USBs, but not then onto the HDD of a different machine. I suppose this may be to prevent infringement of copyright etc. So what does the average family (who know nothing about USBs) do when they just want to upgrade, and keep the various films, shows and whatever that they have accumulated of the past year?

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 11:27:56 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bobjury - 1 hour ago  » 
    After the very helpful suggestions you've all provided, I think I'm in the position where I will be able to copy everything onto quite a few very large USBs, but not then onto the HDD of a different machine.

You can copy them onto the hard drive of the new machine. It is only Faust who thinks you can't; as both Barry and I tried and succeeded yesterday, I would suggest there is not a problem.

So what does the average family (who know nothing about USBs) do when they just want to upgrade, and keep the various films, shows and whatever that they have accumulated of the past year?

At a guess, they say it is only TV and wave goodbye to it.

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 12:46:06 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.