My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Suggestions / Wishlist for software improvements / new features

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

I'd like to see a broader range of Codec support for streaming video and audio services. If Humax could come closer to matching XBMC's ability to play just about anything then it would greatly simplify this area.

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 12:05:26 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

TBird1 - 49 minutes ago  » 
    I'd like to see a broader range of Codec support for streaming video and audio services. If Humax could come closer to matching XBMC's ability to play just about anything then it would greatly simplify this area.

That would be nice! However, several pure media server companies have tried and failed in that area. DVICO(TVix)collapsed under the weight of user requests for codec support and QNAP have all but given up on that market. If Humax can deliver on that they have a killer product. I'm not holding my breath.

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 12:58:25 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

Pollensa1946 - 54 minutes ago  » 

TBird1 - 49 minutes ago  » 

That would be nice! However, several pure media server companies have tried and failed in that area. DVICO(TVix)collapsed under the weight of user requests for codec support and QNAP have all but given up on that market. If Humax can deliver on that they have a killer product. I'm not holding my breath.

If XBMC/Boxee/Plex/Ouya(2013) can do it so well it just makes you wonder what the barriers really are!? I mean, with Plex and XBMC on my mobile phone I can even play just about anything too!!

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 13:57:34 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

souporjuice - 5 days ago  » 
    1. At the moment, you have to click "List" to change the filter every time you open the TV Guide. 9 times out of 10, I only want to see my favourite channels here, so at the moment every time I open the Guide I have to perform the same actions over and again. It would be good if the TV Guide remembered my choice, so it displayed what I selected with the "List" button every time I open the Guide.
    2. The "mini TV guide" (I.e. the one you get when you click the OK or < > buttons) should also have the ability to filter, or it should just use the filter applied in the main TV Guide. This is because this guide only shows 3 channels at a time, and scrolling through channels is really painfully sluggish.

Agree 1 & 2 above. Also, moving from a Sky box to the 1000S, it's surprising how small the letters are on the i-Banner, makes it difficult to read even on a 42" TV. Sky no problem.
    When the i-Banner is displayed the bottom 1/2 of the screen is flooded by a black cloud. Again this does not happen on Sky and I thought it was a fault until I looked at the Quick Start guide and saw that all the screen shots had this effect.

| Tue 30 Oct 2012 10:22:41 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mpeckston

chrisund123 - 1 week ago  » 
    My biggest problems are:
    1)I'd like to see raw audio over SPDIF (so I can get DTS audio on the media player function)
    2)Sort out the aspect ratio stretching problem when playing back 1920*800 (1080p) .mkv's
    3)Enable the adjustment of aspect ratio in the menu (currently it does nothing! Crazy).
    4)Make it easier to select a static IP.
    5)Get a web interface going on so you can set remote recordings.

Would also like to see 1,2 & 3

Plus DLNA media client support for:
    1. multiple audio tracks - both option to select default behaviour in settings menu and the "AD" button to toggle tracks
    2. subtitles - both option to select default behaviour in settings menu (on or off and if possible preferred subtitle language) and the "Sub" button to select
    3. option to add a specific DLNA server and path to favorites or to say the "text" button which i don't use so i can go straight to my videos - rather than the numerous button presses it currently takes

Currently streaming a MKV sample with DTS as the only audio track I get no sound at all with the Humax attached to my Amp via HDMI

Audio 1 = AC-3 6 channel with video at High@L4.1 is okay
    Audio 1 = DTS and Audio 2 = AC-3 6 channel with video at High@L5.0 plays the AC-3 track but the audio judders

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 16:01:57 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The 1000S does not post the appropriate signal on HDMI to tell the receiving TV to switch to that HDMI input. Every time I switch on the TV and HDR I have to select the appropriate HDMI input via the TV R/C. This is the only device which I have that fails to do this.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 21:13:29 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 46 seconds ago  » 
    The 1000S does not post the appropriate signal on HDMI to tell the receiving TV to switch to that HDMI input. Every time I switch on the TV and HDR I have to select the appropriate HDMI input via the TV R/C. This is the only device which I have that fails to do this.

No Humax kit has CEC control in common with most kit other than Sony and Panasonic (who invented it).

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 21:16:05 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaximus

The new Humax YouView unit has HDMI CEC control, though it can be a bit temperamental. It works most of the time with my Samsung TV in that when I switch the Humax YouView unit on, it switches my TV on, and once the Hummy has fully booted up, it then switches the TV to the correct HDMI connection.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 7:23:57 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Be good if the i-Banner showed the current time (as the EPG does).

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 11:05:05 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Humaximus - 4 hours ago  » 
    The new Humax YouView unit has HDMI CEC control, though it can be a bit temperamental. It works most of the time with my Samsung TV in that when I switch the Humax YouView unit on, it switches my TV on, and once the Hummy has fully booted up, it then switches the TV to the correct HDMI connection.

Some TV's will autoswitch on port activity (like a hdmi switch will auto select the last powered on input). I suspect your TV has this option. I doubt if the Youview box actually has CEC.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 11:42:41 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.