My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

System locking up or losing picture

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pompeytel

Anyone else found that switching from iplayer ITVX etc by pressing the return button or Live TV button sometimes locks the Aura completely. Only way to get out of the lock is to press the power button?
    Also I’ve found if I go into settings sometimes when I exit there is no picture and sound. Even power button doesn’t resolve this issue I have to pull the plug.
    OK so it’s not every day but when it does happen it concerns me this could do damage to Hard Drive etc.
    contacted support and they just say factory reset but that’s a FOB off in my opinion as that means everything has to be set up again and recordings lost

| Thu 11 Apr 2024 10:49:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

I have not had those issues myself however I do not use the return button when wanting to go from watching something on iplayer, ITVX etc back to live tv, I just press guide as it is a much faster way, when the iplayer program ends a click on guide instantly takes you to there without any further clicks or page loading time.

| Thu 11 Apr 2024 13:01:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

pompeytel - 2 hours ago  » 
    Anyone else found that switching from iplayer ITVX etc by pressing the return button or Live TV button sometimes locks the Aura completely. Only way to get out of the lock is to press the power button?
    Also I’ve found if I go into settings sometimes when I exit there is no picture and sound. Even power button doesn’t resolve this issue I have to pull the plug.
    OK so it’s not every day but when it does happen it concerns me this could do damage to Hard Drive etc.
    contacted support and they just say factory reset but that’s a FOB off in my opinion as that means everything has to be set up again and recordings lost

A factory reset does not lose your recordings. It will lose your recording schedule but back up your preferences before you factory reset. After the factory reset you then import your backed up preferences.

Freeview Button> Settings> Freeview Play Preferences> Backup Preferences and after the factory reset
    follow the same path but now Import Preferences.

Unfortunately this does not include your sign in and passwords for apps you may have installed or signed up to/ for.

| Thu 11 Apr 2024 13:38:41 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.