My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

T2000 sudden menu style change.

(114 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

evanmjones

Hi,

I don't know if someone has messed somehow with the settings, if they have I can't find out how to get back. The design of my schedule, YouView, and every element of my Humax controls changed this evening. The new design, with BT logo, is white on blue and very hard to read. I really don't want to learn a new menu structure, and in any event my eyes can'tcope with the reduced contrast.

Does anyone know how I can get back to the standard settings? I would factory reset but I'm loth to lose my recordings unless I know the solution will work. Grateful for help as box now pretty much unusable.

Thanks!

Evan

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 0:36:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

evanmjones - 24 minutes ago  » 
    The design of my schedule, YouView, and every element of my Humax controls changed this evening.

I think you have posted in the wrong Forum. This is the the forum for the HDR-2000T Freeview box; I suspect you have a T2000 Youview box. Hopefully a moderator will move the post. My guess is the change is due to a software update and it will not be easy to go back but wait for someone with more Youview experience to answer.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 1:03:53 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Thread moved to correct area.

As Martin has stated it would appear you have received the major UI update.

You could try the high contrast setting accessed via Settings, Appearance - see if that is a better solution for you.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 1:09:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

evanmjones

Hi. thanks for the correct area Yes, major downgrade last night. Spoke wiht YouView support last night who also put me the way of accessibilitiy settings so transparent background off; high contrast on; and the guide at least is a lot better. I'll try it for a couple of days but if I can't get on with it I'll take it back to the shop

Which kind of raises an interesting issue. I bought it 18 months ago because I'd tried humax before and thought that the UI was brilliant. I particularly thought it was great as I have a minor form of dyslexia and havig very distinct writing is key for me. It's also key for people with visual disabilities. If youview change the box so it's unusable surely I should be able to get my money back off them.... or off Humax? Sems a bit unfair to take it back to John Lewis, it's not their fault an arrogant sod somewhere decided to impose their view on every single customer.

| Sat 4 Mar 2017 14:54:31 #4 |
  5. tellboy

tellboy

I wish they would give you an option to update when it is so cmpletely different visually.
    I much prefer the previous settings and display of guide, recorded programs and schedule.
    I can see no way of opting back to the simple listings so guess once updated you are stuck with it.

| Wed 8 Mar 2017 15:19:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

tellboy - 8 hours ago  » 
    I wish they would give you an option to update when it is so cmpletely different visually.
    I much prefer the previous settings and display of guide, recorded programs and schedule.
    I can see no way of opting back to the simple listings so guess once updated you are stuck with it.

Youview have now finally ditched flash and moved to HTML5. In addition most of the platform is now cloud based rather then residing on your box. This allows Youview to come up with this new UI and in theory it also allows them to make changes much quicker, sort out bugs and add new features. They reckon these types of changes can now be done in days not months.

This is the new face of Youview, there is no going back so if you aren't happy then I'm afraid you will need to look elsewhere. Having said that other platforms will be following this route too. Sky have already done so with SkyQ and so has Virgin.

| Thu 9 Mar 2017 0:13:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

CJ45

I think it is really horrible. Rather like the dreaded windows 10 with the awful tiles. Much preferred the listing style for the list of programmes recorded - so could easily see everything at a glance..
    Wish there was an option to toggle to the listing rather than the tiles
    Don't mind the rest of the upgrade - but for the recorded programmes it is awful
    Sorry, feeling a bit grumpy!

| Thu 9 Mar 2017 19:25:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

CJ45 - 4 hours ago  » 
    I think it is really horrible. Rather like the dreaded windows 10 with the awful tiles. Much preferred the listing style for the list of programmes recorded - so could easily see everything at a glance..
    Wish there was an option to toggle to the listing rather than the tiles
    Don't mind the rest of the upgrade - but for the recorded programmes it is awful
    Sorry, feeling a bit grumpy!

Love Windows 10 BTW. BT haven't released this update to their PVRs yet. The have just released it to their small Youview receiver only models which they are using as a Beta test. They have seen the adverse publicity from TalkTalk customers who got the update in December and from people like yourself.

They are hoping to deliver a bug free user friendly version to their PVR customers when they consider it to be fit for purpose.

| Thu 9 Mar 2017 23:58:49 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

evanmjones

OK, lived with it for a few days now and while it's definitely a downgrade, particularly the "recorded programmes" part which while prettier to look at has made it harder to find recorded programmes, I'll live with it. What now bothers me is when will it just change again? One day I'll come home and find my box doesn't work. Again. Must find a way to stop that.

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 8:49:00 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

When I first got sight of this a few Months ago (in error I might add) I said then it would get slated.

A quick glance in other places for comments and it would appear it has not been received with universal approval.

IMHO FreeviewPlay is the better option.

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 10:06:14 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.