My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

T2000 sudden menu style change.

(114 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guptar Smith

ex member

I've never experienced an update (of any device) destroy so many good features in one swoop.
    The recordings menu is a pictorial shambles and deleting a programme you've finished watching when it's part of a series now entails the chore of having to go back into the series to trawl through all the episodes until you find it again to delete it.
    Call me old fashioned but updates should make things better, not worse.
    Designed and authorised in my opinion by buffoons.

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 10:28:41 #11 |
  2. tellboy

tellboy

I managed to delete a whole recorded series instead of just the single one I had just watched.
    You can skip through a recorded program in 60 second intervals but before you could enter the number of minutes to start from. I used to use that a lot.
    When you want to go to MyTV the recorded programs it now needs much more use of the navigation button to get there when it should have been the default option instead of Guide.
    You can access Guide with your remote button but not your recordings..
    It is a mess .

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 12:24:38 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

tellboy - 28 minutes ago  » 
    I managed to delete a whole recorded series instead of just the single one I had just watched.
    You can skip through a recorded program in 60 second intervals but before you could enter the number of minutes to start from. I used to use that a lot.
    When you want to go to MyTV the recorded programs it now needs much more use of the navigation button to get there when it should have been the default option instead of Guide.
    You can access Guide with your remote button but not your recordings..
    It is a mess .

Perhaps that is why BT Youview have yet to roll this out to their PVR models. They have rolled it out to their small zapper boxes (which can't record programmes) but not the PVRs. The can't fail to have noticed all the adverse publicity from the Youview and TalkTalk forums unless they are blind or just don't care.

I have BT Youview (the outgoing UI) and I would be more than happy if they left that just as it is. I suspect they have seen all the problems and criticisms Sky have experienced with SkyQ and thought - why don't we do that.

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 12:58:06 #13 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Bad as the outgoing UI is it seems they have excelled themselves by coming up with something a lot worse (yet to see it for myself!

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 15:52:05 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

gomezz - 7 hours ago  » 
    Bad as the outgoing UI is it seems they have excelled themselves by coming up with something a lot worse (yet to see it for myself!

I've only seen screenshots and promos myself. However, on reading the Youview forums it appears plenty folk aren't happy. The recordings section and deleting a recordings is apparently a bit of a dogs dinner.

Let's hope BT are working on improvements hence why the full release has been held back.

| Sun 12 Mar 2017 23:28:23 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I stated earlier 'a quick glance in other places - not well received'

Having now read the YouView community forum for a few minutes I note quite a few complaints. YouView, as usual, will ignore all the negative feedback.

How the 'blue tinted' guide passed any testing phase beggars belief!

| Thu 16 Mar 2017 9:19:32 #16 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Got my email of dread today.

| Fri 17 Mar 2017 21:30:30 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

gomezz - 2 hours ago  » 
    Got my email of dread today.

Yes me too. According to the email it many not happen until the end of June. Hopefully by then most of the bugs and UI cockups will be sorted out.

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 0:02:54 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dhumaxt

I wish I had known about this before my box was destroyed. YouView and Humax will lose out if they dont offer customers ability to revert.

I have already started to look for a replacemnent and its unlikely to be Humax or YouView.

This "upgrade" is an absolute disaster, I am struggling to see anything on the new menu's especially my recorded programs. I want to restore to the previous menu system urgently and ask thet YouView & Humax desist from changing the user interface in future without seeking my permission.

Whole heartedly agree with "who do I sue for entering my house and vandalising my equipment?"

Does anyone know how to revert to old system?

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 13:42:38 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

dhumaxt - 3 hours ago  » 
    I wish I had known about this before my box was destroyed. YouView and Humax will lose out if they dont offer customers ability to revert.
    I have already started to look for a replacemnent and its unlikely to be Humax or YouView.
    This "upgrade" is an absolute disaster, I am struggling to see anything on the new menu's especially my recorded programs. I want to restore to the previous menu system urgently and ask thet YouView & Humax desist from changing the user interface in future without seeking my permission.
    Whole heartedly agree with "who do I sue for entering my house and vandalising my equipment?"
    Does anyone know how to revert to old system?

Oh gawwd! not that chestnut again about vandalism. Is that the post from the BT Youview forum? The new UI doesn't actually reside on your hardware. It is using HTML5 and is cloud based therefore no one has entered anyone's house or caused any vandalism.

Your Youview box has now in many respects become an 'online browser'. There is no way to revert so you have a number of choices. 1. stop using it and buy something else. 2. keep using it and try to get on with it. 3. keep using it and wait for future improvement, which are very likely.

I'm not exactly overjoyed myself as I believe the recordings section especially is something of a dogs breakfast. However, because it is cloud based, bugs and improvements can be sorted out very quickly.

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 17:16:02 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.