My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Text Button not Working

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Samuk

I emailed Humax to complain that the Text button does not work on my Aura.

The reply I got was "BBC are making changes on how people access the digital text service and due to this people will start experiencing moments when the Text button will not work as this feature is in the process of being removed in the future".

I have not read of any such change and wonder if I am being fobbed off. I would like to hear if others are seeing the same problem or has their Text Button working as it should.

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 14:30:15 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

What do you expect the Text button to do?

The following quote will hopefully help to explain.

Aura is applying the latest specification, HbbTv Only. What the user is asking seems to be the previous service, MHEG. The reason is that there is no HbbTv version of Text on the BBC yet. (It is the MHEG -> HbbTv migration stage, and the related schedule seems to have changed, but it will be serviced when it is completed.)

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 14:48:34 #2 |
  3. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

It's partly correct, although the full closure has been scaled back to just a reduced service after complaints from various user groups:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54360998

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 15:00:04 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

DarrenHill - 12 mins ago  » 
    It's partly correct, although the full closure has been scaled back to just a reduced service after complaints from various user groups:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54360998

The aura does not support the older MHEG service.

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 15:13:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Samuk

Thank you brian and DarrenHill for your replies.

I was expecting to press the Text button and bring up the BBC Teletext pages as on my recently deceased HDR-Fox T2.

I was aware of BBC's plan to ditch text and their U-turn. But I was not aware of HbbTv, after some googling brian's quote does help me understand the current status. Has BBC published a rollout schedule for HbbTv migration?

| Mon 26 Apr 2021 17:15:04 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.