My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The "empty schedule" problem

(153 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

grahamlthompson - 6 hours ago  » 

damian - 7 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago How can you be receiving from multiple transmitters without channel numbers in the 800's, where did it put the duplicates ?

If this isn't true then some or all of the channels you want will be in the 800's. Channels are added by starting at channel 61 and working up to 68.

Graham, I think you meant to say "Channels are added by starting at channel 21 and working up to 68.

| Wed 21 Dec 2016 17:03:37 #91 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

fedman1 - 15 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 6 hours ago  » 

damian - 7 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago How can you be receiving from multiple transmitters without channel numbers in the 800's, where did it put the duplicates ?

If this isn't true then some or all of the channels you want will be in the 800's. Channels are added by starting at channel 61 and working up to 68.

Graham, I think you meant to say "Channels are added by starting at channel 21 and working up to 68.

Thanks it was an unnoticed typo

These days there aren't any channels up there, because the government sold the spectrum.

| Wed 21 Dec 2016 17:20:45 #92 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUKNW

93 posts.... 93 events in my Schedule !!!

I turned off all power management, rebooted by removing PSU from mains, and my schedule is re-populated with a full 93 events, up from just 2 before I rebooted.

So now I will be leaving the 4000 continuously powered up.

UPDATE:
    93 Events seemed rather a lot, so I scrolled down through them all, and culled 28 events for programmes that had been recorded, and watched.

But still remained in the schedule !!

I'm surprised they don't automatically get removed.

This demonstrate how essential the Schedule is, for removing old events from the memory.

Especially series linked programmes that had come to an end.

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 11:24:29 #93 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alex4000

Humax release note for version number 1.01.57 included "Improved recording schedule list empty issue".

My 4000T updated automatically overnight on 12th Jan. I had 8 settings in the schedule. 1st switch on on 13th Jan - empty schedule! Schedule recovered or repopulated by deleting one of the (many!) channels we don't watch. 2nd switch on on 14th Jan - only one setting showing in schedule, other 7 missing in action. Again schedule recovered by deleting another channel we never watch.

No problem me thinks, I'll follow Barry's suggestion of doing Factory Reset. 3rd switch on on 15th Jan - empty schedule! Again schedule recovered by deleting another channel. 4th switch on on 16th Jan - empty schedule! Schedule recovered by cold reboot (ie pull the plug)- just for a change.

Through all this, the programs set to record showed as set on the Guide and did in fact record.

Before the 1.01.57 update, we got the missing schedule problem randomly - some times each day then we would go for a few days with out it. It made no difference whether or not the 4000T was recording in standby when switched on.

There was me all excited about 1.01.57 but (and you must excuse the sarcasm) does "Improved recording schedule list empty issue" mean that it is now guaranteed to be empty each day I switch on?

| Tue 17 Jan 2017 18:20:52 #94 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

The problem seems no better since the update and it's possibly happening even more frequently. If Humax actually fixed these bugs people would be far happier with this box - releasing updates which claim to 'improve' some of the many outstanding issues just makes things worse when the numerous outstanding problems don't seem to get sorted out.

| Wed 18 Jan 2017 10:15:47 #95 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

BlackGhost - 10 hours ago  » 
    The problem seems no better since the update and it's possibly happening even more frequently. If Humax actually fixed these bugs people would be far happier with this box - releasing updates which claim to 'improve' some of the many outstanding issues just makes things worse when the numerous outstanding problems don't seem to get sorted out.

I noticed I had rev 59 downloaded in middle of last week when I was about to load via usb the downloaded copy and noticed it had been auto loaded.
    Since then I have only had one night when the schedule was correct
    Yesterday Tuesday 17th I couldn't check until the evening as I had an appointment at the hospital which lasted all day. The result wasn't empty but only contained schedule for the following Tuesday 24th all the others up to Tuesday were missing. Cleared OK by deleting a channel.
    I have thought that this was an overnight problem but on one occasion in the evening before watching a recording I checked the schedule and it was all OK but when I checked after I had watched a couple of recordings
    I did a check to find the schedule empty.
    If this carries on I shall record on to my old Toppy which I replaced due to occasional disc problems and failure of its USB drive
    I think the Humax is probably a good box but the software leaves a lot to be desired.
    I don't know if the boxes they supply to BT for YouView are better set-up but I have searched on line and find a load of complaints from users!

| Wed 18 Jan 2017 20:41:41 #96 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUKNW

Reminder:

Since I disabled all power management, and left the box on 24/7, and disconnected the Internet, I have had NO problems with the Schedule.

| Wed 18 Jan 2017 20:53:20 #97 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Does anyone know if anything in particular happens overnight that could be the cause of this issue? It's gone from happening every few days to happening every day since the update.

I'm guessing new EPG information is sent through sometime during the night or when the unit is next switched on to show the schedule for an additional day. Or maybe the updates happen more frequently, I'm not sure.

I've been checking it in the morning for quite a while and the schedule only gets lost overnight (or when switched on in the morning), never during the day.

| Sat 21 Jan 2017 13:30:06 #98 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

gdavidson

Sadly, with the latest firmware I'm still suffering the empty schedule issue overnight too. Wish that Humax could work out what triggers it or even,as a workaround, have a power-up housekeeping routine that simulates what happens after a channel is deleted to restore the recording schedule.

| Sat 21 Jan 2017 18:40:21 #99 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Is this issue only affecting some machines? I've resisted sending mine back for a while but these updates from Humax seem to be introducing more problems than they are fixing for me. I've had to power cycle a few times recently as I've had no sound on startup. Previously when this happened, changing a channel or playing a recording would bring it back but now only a reboot does it.

| Sat 21 Jan 2017 19:34:20 #100 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.