My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The "empty schedule" problem

(153 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Those who still have problems with 'empty schedule'

As a matter of interest - did you perform a factory reset after updating to 1.01.57?

I have only encountered the problem once (on an unreleased beta)- although schedule empty or near empty the timers 'missing' still recorded.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 11:32:42 #101 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChuckieEgg

I bought a brand new 4000T from Amazon on Friday. As part of the installation process it detected the 1.01.57 update, and updated the box to it. I have left all settings as per default.

Yes I have experienced the empty schedule a number of times over the last 24 hours, and am not best pleased. I tried a factory reset but it hasn't made any difference.

I have noticed that doing any channel scan, whether automatic or manual, will wipe the schedule (it is stated on the Humax support page too, but the box doesn't tell you this when you retune!). So I can only guess that overnight it does some kind of scheduled channel scan, which is causing the problem?

Anyway, I'm going to see what happens overnight tonight, and will post my findings tomorrow. If the problem occurs again I will log it with Humax support tomorrow.

P.S. My 5 year old TV has a built in Freeview HD tuner and can pick up not just the 6 standard HD channels (BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD, ITV HD, CH4 HD, CH5 HD, CBBC HD), but also about half a dozen additional HD channels, such as BBC News HD, CH4+1 HD, AlJazeer HD, 4Seven HD, QVC HD, etc. When I take the antenna cable out of the TV and plug it into the Humax box if fails to detect these extra channels. So there seems to be an additional issue with the humax automatic tuning?

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 16:41:07 #102 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ChuckieEgg - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I bought a brand new 4000T from Amazon on Friday. As part of the installation process it detected the 1.01.57 update, and updated the box to it. I have left all settings as per default.
    Yes I have experienced the empty schedule a number of times over the last 24 hours, and am not best pleased. I tried a factory reset but it hasn't made any difference.
    I have noticed that doing any channel scan, whether automatic or manual, will wipe the schedule (it is stated on the Humax support page too, but the box doesn't tell you this when you retune!). So I can only guess that overnight it does some kind of scheduled channel scan, which is causing the problem?
    Anyway, I'm going to see what happens overnight tonight, and will post my findings tomorrow. If the problem occurs again I will log it with Humax support tomorrow.
    P.S. My 5 year old TV has a built in Freeview HD tuner and can pick up not just the 6 standard HD channels (BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD, ITV HD, CH4 HD, CH5 HD, CBBC HD), but also about half a dozen additional HD channels, such as BBC News HD, CH4+1 HD, AlJazeer HD, 4Seven HD, QVC HD, etc. When I take the antenna cable out of the TV and plug it into the Humax box if fails to detect these extra channels. So there seems to be an additional issue with the humax automatic tuning?

The additional channels are on the much weaker COM 7 mux, can you post your local transmitter and estimated reception on this Mux.

Enter your postcode here and choose the detailed view to get the above information.

http://griffin.dtg.org.uk/work/coverage.html

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 16:48:02 #103 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChuckieEgg

My roof antenna (like all my neighbours) is pointing South, which I believe is towards the Rowridge IOW transmitter. I've attached a post code check.
    Thanks,
    Mart.

Attachments

1. Screenshot_from_2017-01-22_15-55-01.png (134.6 KB, 1 downloads) 7 years old
    | Sun 22 Jan 2017 16:56:51 #104 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you look at the figures you can see COM 7 is much weaker than the other Mux. Is your aerial horizontally or vertically aligned ?

Rowridge is unusual in having both vertical and horizontal polarised transmissions, to get COM 7 the aerial must be horizontal.

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Rowridge

Com 7 24.4Kw the main Mux are 200Kw.

A better aerial or a variable output masthead amp might fix it.

Could be the Humax tuners are less sensitive than the TV.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 17:07:19 #105 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alex4000

Barry - 5 hours ago  » 
    Those who still have problems with 'empty schedule'
    As a matter of interest - did you perform a factory reset after updating to 1.01.57?
    I have only encountered the problem once (on an unreleased beta)- although schedule empty or near empty the timers 'missing' still recorded.

Yes, the problem exists both before and after a factory reset, see my post https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/the-empty-schedule-problem/page/10#post-55744

The problem didn't exist originally on our box. It was introduced by the '49 update and made worse by the latest '57 update. While the latest update does seem to have dealt with the 'not switching on while recording in standby' problem, the introduction of this empty schedule problem by the last two updates suggests that Humax are far from getting the box's start up routine working reliably.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 17:25:25 #106 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The problem with this issue is not all are witnessing it, so very hard to track down the cause and replicate.

I'll check tomorrow with Humax Towers, on progress identifying what triggers it.

| Sun 22 Jan 2017 20:48:03 #107 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChuckieEgg

Well when I switched on my 4000T this morning it has once again deleted the schedule. Sorry but I've had enough of this and have packed it up and am returning it to Amazon. I've ordered a Panasonic DMR-HWT150E instead.

I hope those of you that can't get a refund, get a fix soon.

Best wishes,
    Mart.

| Mon 23 Jan 2017 10:37:11 #108 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

melmar

I am also experiencing this problem since the '49 update and it has got worse since the latest update. The only way to keep the schedule is to leave the box on 24/7.

| Mon 23 Jan 2017 21:48:51 #109 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

melmar - 53 minutes ago  » 
    I am also experiencing this problem since the '49 update and it has got worse since the latest update. The only way to keep the schedule is to leave the box on 24/7.

I don't have the box, but has anyone tried pulling the plug overnight ?

| Mon 23 Jan 2017 22:43:18 #110 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.