My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The "empty schedule" problem

(153 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Re my post #116

Watched 5 hours of Netflix yesterday evening, unit booted this morning, schedule present - caveat only a few timers, will add a few more today and try again this evening.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 7:21:22 #121 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Further to my post # 116

Those who are experiencing this issue can you please provide the following info to the email address at foot of this post:

1. Is remote recording activated, and what interval and period?

2. Is Server activation time active, and what period?

3. When schedule is missing if you set a new timer does that then appear in schedule.

4. MAC address (LAN) and it would also be useful if you could provide pattern of the usage for whole day.

Send info to: co_partnership02@humaxdigital.com

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 13:41:54 #122 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

melmar

As previously stated, I am also experiencing this problem since the '49 update and it has got worse since the latest update. The only way to keep the schedule is to leave the box on 24/7.

To answer Barry's questions:
    I do not use IP based services through the FVP4000T as my Samsung TV is much faster and easier to use.
    1. Remote recording is off
    2. Server Activation is off
    3. Yes when the schedule is empty a new timer does appear
    4. MAC address(LAN) is 40:3d:ec:11:00:e9

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 14:12:06 #123 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

@ melmar

Did you send that info to the email address I specified?

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 15:57:42 #124 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    Further to my post # 116
    Those who are experiencing this issue can you please provide the following info to the email address at foot of this post:
    1. Is remote recording activated, and what interval and period?
    2. Is Server activation time active, and what period?
    3. When schedule is missing if you set a new timer does that then appear in schedule.
    4. MAC address (LAN) and it would also be useful if you could provide pattern of the usage for whole day.
    Send info to: co_partnership02@humaxdigital.com

Email sent. Thanks Barry.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 15:58:01 #125 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

albacore

I have just woken up my third FVP 4000T (original plus two replacements from Humax) which arrived yesterday and surprise, surprise, the 7 schedules have disappeared already. Humax refuse to refund the £200.00 plus I paid to then for the original box in October 2015 so I am at a complete loss as to what I can do with this deeply flawed machine apart from chucking it in the dustbin leaving Humax with the last laugh.Very sad.

| Thu 26 Jan 2017 12:36:58 #126 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

The 3rd one would suggest it's not the box, but local environment or a particular way it's being used which is why humax have asked for further information from affected users to be sent to:
    co_partnership02@humaxdigital.com

The more people that reply the quicker humax will be able to see a pattern and find a fix for everyone affected.

I don't use the schedule except when factory resetting after an update and it's a real pita, I only look at it at other times out of interest because of this forum to see if it's still there and it always has been.

In the meantime, the box can be left on 24/7 and the schedule remains or simply deleting a single rubbish channel (there are enough of them) will repopulate the schedule.

I can understand people reaching the end of their tether or the straw that breaks the camels back and I'd imagine the schedule problem has been the least of the problems you've experienced with 3 boxes.
    There may be a 1 or 2 years warranty and seperate to that the product will be covered for a few years under consumer laws, but whether there is a full refund or partial due to usage is mainly down to goodwill as far as a full refund goes. I personally don't see any point in another replacement

If the box annoys you everytime you look at it and you don't want to go down the small claims route and you're not happy with what humax offers, then give it away to family or ebay it, but make it your choice.

| Thu 26 Jan 2017 13:34:48 #127 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

albacore

Many thanks for your post.

I have deleted one of the many rubbish channels and the schedule now works.

I will leave the wretched thing on 24/24 in future.

Thanks again.

| Thu 26 Jan 2017 13:49:07 #128 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

albacore - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Many thanks for your post.
    I have deleted one of the many rubbish channels and the schedule now works.
    I will leave the wretched thing on 24/24 in future.
    Thanks again.

Help with the investigation of the problem by feeding back info as per my posts # 116 and # 122

| Thu 26 Jan 2017 14:08:16 #129 |
  10. aciddad

aciddad

special member

aciddad - 2 days ago  » 

There are some ingenious work arounds such as deleting a single channel, i.e. one of the many rubbish ones, which will force a rescan of the schedule, repopulate and display it.

Damian, your observations are spot-on, but I have found that having the internet disconnected overnight is a certain way of keeping the schedule intact. The reason for posting, though is that a few days ago I reconnected the internet as a test and got an empty schedule. This time I tried deleting a channel and the schedule returned. It's been ok since then. That's 10 days so far. The problem is that it isn't a fix, I must just be lucky.
    David

Or maybe not....two days later and bang goes the schedule.
    The only difference was that the box was recording from 00.45am to 02.25am. Whether that is connected only time will tell. I deleted another channel to restore the schedule and I'm now going to give it a couple of days before I try an early morning recording.

David.

| Thu 26 Jan 2017 14:33:26 #130 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.