My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The "empty schedule" problem

(153 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

aciddad - 2 hours ago  » 

aciddad - 2 days ago  » 

There are some ingenious work arounds such as deleting a single channel, i.e. one of the many rubbish ones, which will force a rescan of the schedule, repopulate and display it.

Damian, your observations are spot-on, but I have found that having the internet disconnected overnight is a certain way of keeping the schedule intact. The reason for posting, though is that a few days ago I reconnected the internet as a test and got an empty schedule. This time I tried deleting a channel and the schedule returned. It's been ok since then. That's 10 days so far. The problem is that it isn't a fix, I must just be lucky.
    David

Or maybe not....two days later and bang goes the schedule.
    The only difference was that the box was recording from 00.45am to 02.25am. Whether that is connected only time will tell. I deleted another channel to restore the schedule and I'm now going to give it a couple of days before I try an early morning recording.
    David.

I don't know if these units are all behaving the same way with this bug but I very rarely record anything past midnight and that hasn't stopped it happening.

Out of interest did they supply you with the exact same model or did they send the updated one with purple led for recording?

| Thu 26 Jan 2017 16:56:27 #131 |
  2. aciddad

aciddad

special member

BlackGhost,

The replacement was the same model and came with version 1.00.73 software, which I tried for a while before updating to 1.01.49 (the latest at that time).
    Humax recently offered me another replacement. I had told them I was still having schedule problems with 1.01.57 and they said the update fixed the problem so my box must be faulty! This was after connecting the internet overnight as a test and getting an empty schedule. But I deleted an unwanted channel and the schedule returned and that was the start of those ten glorious days.
    I'm not returning this box and I'm probably not going to email Humax again. They have had masses of feedback and observations from me already.

David.

| Fri 27 Jan 2017 13:08:37 #132 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Since receiving the info contained in # 116 and #122 have been trying to replicate this problem without success so far

| Fri 27 Jan 2017 13:24:01 #133 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Local environment is mentioned above - I'm on the Wenvoe transmitter if that's any use.

Is anyone else with this issue also seeing lots of 'No programme Information' entries in the EPG - usually not so much for the current day's guide but often with upcoming days? I don't know whether it could be linked but I've been seeing it a fair bit as long as I've owned the box. It seems to be worse when tuned to certain channels more than others but I could be wrong on that as the programmes with no information listed do usually get populated if I wait a few minutes.

| Fri 27 Jan 2017 16:42:34 #134 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

BlackGhost - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Is anyone else with this issue also seeing lots of 'No programme Information' entries in the EPG - usually not so much for the current day's guide but often with upcoming days? I don't know whether it could be linked but I've been seeing it a fair bit as long as I've owned the box. It seems to be worse when tuned to certain channels more than others but I could be wrong on that as the programmes with no information listed do usually get populated if I wait a few minutes.

Are you confident that your box is tuned to a single transmitter?

| Fri 27 Jan 2017 17:29:49 #135 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Martin Liddle - 44 minutes ago  » 

BlackGhost - 46 minutes ago  » 

Are you confident that your box is tuned to a single transmitter?

I think so but I tried a manual tune to the single transmitter and it made no difference.

| Fri 27 Jan 2017 18:15:44 #136 |
  7. aciddad

aciddad

special member

I have now had a second instance of an empty schedule at morning switch on following a recording taking place just after midnight. whether this is significant I don't know. I have now reverted to my foolproof method of not having the internet connected overnight. In fact, since I don't use catch up, I don't have it connected at all.

David.

| Mon 30 Jan 2017 14:48:26 #137 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

creekman

I have recently bought a Humax FVP 4000T and, despite installing the latest software update which claims to have addressed this problem, I immediately found my schedule listing disappeared. I rang Humax and was told to remove a channel I did not watch from the channel list. The schedule listing magically reappeared but it was not known why this worked! I have just lost my schedule again so removed another channel and the list reappeared again. Spooky!
    I am generally disappointed with the user friendliness of the unit compared to my old Fox-T2 and may think of exchanging the unit for another make since there are clearly numerous problems with the 4000T.

| Mon 6 Feb 2017 0:47:33 #138 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mcmad

Not quite an empty schedule but just 5 items on it rather than the 40 or so there should be. The top 2 items are the same nonsense 4 hours block of 'bbc1 scot HD'.

For the first time it has also missed recording that were scheduled.

Latest version of the software installed, box was in standby when thr recording was missed.

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 17:40:30 #139 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

I may, and I stress may, have found a decent work around for this problem. Since the schedule loss always seems to happen at night, I decieded to disconnect both my FVP4000Ts at night, not by pulling the network cable but by getting the router to do the work.
    To do this I first gave the boxes static IP addresses. Next I created an access rule in the router that denied botth FVP4000Ts any internet access. I then created a schedule that only activated the rule between midnight and 8.30am. With all this done, I can still use the catch-up services up till midnight, and can see and access either box from elsewhere on my network at any time - because the router is only stopping external access at night.
    It's been several days now and the schedules are still intact.
    Not all routers are equal and it may be easier or harder to do on some than on my Brightbox 2.

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 18:47:23 #140 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.