My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The "empty schedule" problem

(153 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

captgeneralmark - 1 hour ago  » 
    I may, and I stress may, have found a decent work around for this problem.

Thanks for the update, other routers may have 'parental controls' where the internet can be switched off for certain periods completely or for particular devices. Ironically called parental control as it's more likely the kids will know how to use it.

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 19:33:57 #141 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mcmad

Another day and a totally empty schedule. disconnect and reconnect power resolved it but we really shouldn't need to do fiddles like this.

Any word on the latest attempt at software?

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 14:30:57 #142 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

creekman

On my first posting I said how I restored the empty schedule by deleting an unused channel from the channel list. I did this on the advice of the Humax helpline and the schedule reappeared. It has happened several times since then so I wondered if it would be be sufficient to try simply modifying the channel list by changing a channel name, which is one of the options. This worked and if it continues to do so it is a simple way of restoring the schedule without running out of channels!!

However we should not need to resort to these measures and if is so easy to restore the schedule in this way surely it should not be difficult for Humax to resolve the problem permanently. Come on Humax, let us have a solution quickly or should we all return our units for a refund?

| Mon 20 Feb 2017 9:08:46 #143 |
  4. aciddad

aciddad

special member

Although not a solution, denying the box access to the internet overnight is a certain way of keeping the schedule intact. I do this by unplugging the cable and captgeneralmark has suggested a router based method.

David

| Mon 20 Feb 2017 13:42:36 #144 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Very strange.
    After months of relatively error free operation, nothing more than the remote becoming sluggish occasionally, about 15 minutes ago my unit stopped responding to the remote other than allowing on/off. After rebooting my recording schedule has disappeared and I am unable to set any new timers, it just wont let me. So looks like I will have to do a factory restore.

But I have just noticed the upated software so will download that first (haven't been able to get on the forums for a while).

| Tue 21 Feb 2017 12:51:47 #145 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

creekman

I see from the administrator, Barry, that the programme search option is being worked on. What news on the empty schedule problem? Is that being worked on? It is the most irritating fault in the unit and I wonder if it is grounds for a return of my unit for a refund. That is how stongly I feel about it. Please tell me a solution is imminent.

| Tue 28 Feb 2017 22:51:27 #146 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Yes it is has been worked on, and a solution currently under test.

| Tue 28 Feb 2017 22:52:26 #147 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

creekman

Wow, that was quick!! Thanks, Barry, I look forward to the problem being resolved soon.

| Tue 28 Feb 2017 23:05:15 #148 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If anyone has a regular problem with disappearing schedule, and wants to try the latest Beta then PM me for details.

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 8:39:25 #149 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

paul4

I have only just found this forum, having been re-directed from the hummy.tv forum. My fourth forum since using Humax devices

Basically the 4000T is great, once I overcame the switch-on problem that bugged me for months, now all sorted. I previously had (still use) 9200T and 9300T machines but the 4000T is far superior. A few glitches now and again but I'd rather have a 4000T with a few glitches than not have a 4000T.

Back to subject : I too have this particular schedule display problem but there's a lot to read to get up to speed (hate the phrase but it's apt)

When my recording schedules disappear, normally leaving 5 or 6 showing out of around 45 or so, powering off and on again fixes it.

I do not like factory resets on any kit due to often having to start over again with preferred settings.

| Fri 3 Mar 2017 9:54:34 #150 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.