My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The "empty schedule" problem

(153 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Checked recording schedule this morning and it's disappeared yet again. This is fast becoming a joke.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 5:19:59 #11 |
  2. graham uk

graham uk

special member

1.01.49. My schedule listing are all showing correct every time I check, none have ever disappeared.

graham uk

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 9:21:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

graham uk - 2 minutes ago  » 
    1.01.49. My schedule listing are all showing correct every time I check, none have ever disappeared.
    graham uk

I'd love an explanation as to why it only affects certain owners.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 9:24:12 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

bampsam - 49 minutes ago  » 

I think I've only ever used it to take a note of recordings before resetting and just to see if it's still there becasue of the problems others are having. I find the layout pretty useless with only 4 schedules visible at a time.

I believe it's been confirmed the loss of schedule happens with and without the remote app. Not having ever witnessed it myself I'm intrigued as to whether the schedule shows 000/000 in the top corner and also if it affects users in single and multiple transmitter areas alike.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 10:49:33 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

Well, this morning my 500GB box was showing it's schedule but the 1TB box had an empty schedule with 000/000 displayed top left. It still managed to record the Navy Lark though. Unplugged it and schedule returned when power restored.

All day yesterday the 1TB box only showed two programs scheduled (and the 500GB box had an empty schedule). Random/inconsistant bugs are pigs to find and solve (I speak as a retired computer programmer).

I've now photographed all 5 pages of the schedule, so I'll be able to check the schedule reliably.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 11:21:02 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

damian - 3 hours ago  » 

bampsam - 49 minutes ago  » 

I think I've only ever used it to take a note of recordings before resetting and just to see if it's still there becasue of the problems others are having. I find the layout pretty useless with only 4 schedules visible at a time.
    I believe it's been confirmed the loss of schedule happens with and without the remote app. Not having ever witnessed it myself I'm intrigued as to whether the schedule shows 000/000 in the top corner and also if it affects users in single and multiple transmitter areas alike.

Yes I have the 000/000 too.

I had the schedule appearing fine for a couple of days after an auto-rescan but today it's blank. The same has happened after a manual tune to one transmitter. Sometimes the schedule list gets populated again (fully or partially) before going blank again at a later date.

What's the quickest way to check if an auto-tune has channels tuned from multiple transmitters?

Also, can someone confirm whether the schedule appears correct in the humax tv guide app when it's blank on the PVR itself? I've only just configured the app after leaving remote recording off since having these issues and although remote recording seems to work the app schedule is also blank.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 14:12:52 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

@BlackGhost - I can confirm that the schedule does indeed correctly appear in the Humax TV guide when missing from the box itself. Except for the radio channels, but the humax tv guide has never shown those.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 14:59:41 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Ok, cheers. If it doesn't show up in the app I'll have to try unpairing and pairing it again. The amount of time spent trying to get this box to work properly is ridiculous.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 15:08:52 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

BlackGhost - 1 hour ago  » 
    What's the quickest way to check if an auto-tune has channels tuned from multiple transmitters?

There isn't one unfortunately, lack of joined up thinking on the software side. Channels in the 800+ is an obvious indication, but a lack of channels numbered 800+ doesn't mean there aren't multiple transmitters.

The only way to be sure, and only necessary if you suspect it, is not to delete channels in the edit channel list and then manually tune, but start an autotune, stop it immediately, save it and then start a manual tune using the correct channels and then hope it doesn't pick anything stray up. An autotune should give you a choice if you have multiple transmitters, but it's anybodys guess how reliable this is.

As usual a lack of diagnostics on the box and a lack of information from Humax doesn't help. A menu page with simple stats such as SMART, load, temp, MUX info etc. very easily doable would probably halve the amount of calls to customer service and halve the amount of chatter here.

afaik, tuner 3 is used for live broadcast "channels", not too sure which tuner is used for the EPG or whether it's random. I have 100% quality on all three tuners; however by forcing my box to record different Mux's the strength of tuner 3 is always around 70 whereas tuners 1 and 2 are around 82. i.e watch bbbc1HD on tuner 1 & 2 = strength 82, on tuner 3 = strength 70
    I know these figures are all relative, but it makes me wonder how the box would perform in a poorer signal area.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 16:13:38 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

aciddad - 1 day ago  » 
    Would it be possible to try and get a count of users with 1.01.49 software (the latest update) who are experiencing the "empty schedule" problem?
    I'm one.
    David

Happened to me three times now. For a device that you only buy if you want a PVR (there are cheaper ways of getting catch up services), an issue that makes it impossible to manage your future recordings is a serious problem.

| Wed 30 Nov 2016 19:05:42 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.